Pain body experience/need more guidance

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Pain body experience/need more guidance

Postby Verbiousone » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:21 pm

So I've finally been able to recognize a pain body. I was lied to and lived a life based on a lie and decisions I made based on my ego, family, religious, and social guilt.

I'm getting out of a 20+ year marriage and have moved on. I found a woman that I really love. Our circumstances are not great. We both have our own circle of people and we both enjoy talking to people. She made a friend that I could be friends with. She introduced us, we talked, have much in common, and many similar experiences.

I thought that I had made peace with my past. It turns out that my pain body was activated, not once, but twice recently. I did not think or feel that she was being truthful about something related to our new friend and that set off the pain body. I don't want to punish her or hurt her because of my painful past, but I think I already did.

I'm just not sure how to control or minimize the effect of the pain body.

I feel like I've back slid here in my progress because I thought I could control it after the first episode.

Would greatly appreciate any and all advice, tips, tricks, suggestions!
Verbiousone

Return to Questions