Embodying awareness

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: Embodying awareness

Postby rachMiel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Sigh ... Guess we'll have to focus on our music:

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby rachMiel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:30 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I agree with your point about all roads leading home Rach. Just as night precedes day, ignorance precedes knowledge. It's a natural and inevitable movement of consciousness. Knowing itself to be any and every being, The One doesn't leave anyone behind.

Just happened to run into this from Nisargadatta:

He who could not complete his Yoga for some reason is called failed in Yoga. Such failure is only temporary, for there can be no defeat in Yoga. This battle is always won, for it is a battle between the true and the false. The false has no chance.
rachMiel

Postby Onceler » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:04 am

Okay.....imma just gonna go watch the second season of Luther.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rachMiel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:33 am

! A wise decision. :-)
rachMiel

Postby Sighclone » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:03 am

We speak of paradoxes often in spirituality....but the paradox of "little me" vs. Unity or Self is not either -or but "both-and". Review my Facebook comments on Francis' page or most of my last year's threads here, Jack...I am a stalwart defender of the delightful differences between the 'waves'. That said, absent spiritual growth, all one sees is the differences. ...
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Seeing our individuality as a problem is something I can quite irritated by. I felt some of that in your posts so it triggered me a bit. That's something for me to look at in myself.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Haha Francis is also my teacher!! I just had a Skype with him yesterday, he is such a lovely, genuine and well rounded man. He really understands and often writes about the importance of the human and the spiritual connection. I remember seing a video with him and Adyashanti and instantly warming to him and joining his FB page. I was going through a time of serious fear and confusion and one of his FB posts spoke to me so directly and appropriately. He and adya seem to both share that deep honesty and sincerity.
bobdylanfan

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Haha what are the chances?! That's so funny! I'd love to know more but perhaps that's better over pm or something. I'm always curious about other students if they feel like sharing.

I agree, he's a very sensitive and caring person. He and Adya make a great team. I'm looking forward to seeing more of their relationship develop. Francis' icon of Jesus and the Buddha reminds me of Francis and Adya <3 :)
EnterZenFromThere

Previous

Return to Questions