Spiritual bypassing

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Spiritual bypassing

Postby bobdylanfan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 pm

I want to share my experience with what I call unintentional, unconscious and innocent spiritual bypassing. I realise for the last 2-3 years I have been avoiding my uncomfortable feelings by zoning out into awareness. When I was feeling a negative emotion I would notice that emotion, feel a resistance to it and then jump into awareness. It would feel great, spacious and free but also quite different to just allowing that feeling to do be. I would feel the uncomfortable shit , decide I don't want to experience that and choose to recognise awareness instead. I picked up the belief that uncomfortable feelings where to be avoided and transcended and that spacious openness was much better. This created a duality between the feelings, emotions and awareness. I only just realised this last night and since then it feels so much more natural, freeing and connecting to let everything be as it is. I realise how many opportunities I have missed to connect with people because I was so focused on recognising and staying in awareness. I felt relaxed and open but also subtly and unconsciously avoided opening my heart and feeling vulnerable. I wondered if anyone else recognises this?
bobdylanfan

Re: Spiritual bypassing

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 am

Locking this topic as you have another with the same subject already running.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Questions