Questions about awakening

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: Questions about awakening

Postby bobdylanfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanks for your feedback Andy, my experience now is that I realise on an absolute level I am this openness so I can't seem to rest as awareness as a regulated practice anymore, I used to do it whenever I remembered which was maybe 30-50 times a day and satisfied that egoic need to do something. I feel I only really think to let things be as they are when I notice an uncomfortable feeling or sensations. How is it for you Andy ? Do you still have a regular practice. I feel like if your open and available as this space you don't need to keep recognising yourself as this space. That little voice telling me there's still something to do is slowly getting quieter.

Thankyou brother
bobdylanfan

Re: Questions about awakening

Postby Sighclone » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 am

I also felt my body kind of relax into the space and it became alive.

This is advanced. The recognition and observation that relaxed stillness is vibrant is not an early experience. My guess is that last little gasps of ego are surfacing ("I have to figure this out. Is this enlightenment? etc.) Here is a little flow diagram on Jac O'Keeffe's website: https://www.jac-okeeffe.com/ (scroll down).

I feel I only really think to let things be as they are when I notice an uncomfortable feeling or sensations.
Yup, me, too. It is a "strategy" until it is automatic, I think, and it's not purely automatic for me yet. I do have a sort-of regular practice of sitting meditation which may start with Inner Body Awareness, or sitting at the mousehole as thoughts begin to form. There is often a bit of brief kriya (body twitching, arms lifting, spontaneous pranayama).

That little voice telling me there's still something to do is slowly getting quieter.
...the ego spinning down.... :)

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Previous

Return to Questions