I don't feel better when i'm in presence state

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

I don't feel better when i'm in presence state

Postby Luiz Wilhelm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:07 am

Hello there

I have being studying and praticing spiritual teachings for the past 11 years.

Did alot of yoga, reike, spiritual cleansings, meditations, visualizations, bach florals, homeopathy, and all those stuff to heal and raise my conciousness.

I started reading the power of the now 2 years ago, since then i'm doing my best to pratice Eckharts teachings, as Mooji, and others masters that all say the same in essence.

1 year and half ago i had a very cool experience, i was thinking about Eckhart's teachings and suddenly i had an insight about the Observer, than my mind fade way and i stayed 3 days thinking 85% less then usual...more present, less thinking, but nothing special like deep peace or deep joy. It was good, and was very bad and frustating as in the 4 day morning when i woke up i was with my ego and mind annoying me back.

Other experience was in a hotel like 2 months ago, i was listening Eckart's at youtube in my cellphone and start praticing , laying down in the bed. For the first time i achived some real deep awarness state after a while, and i was able to perceive everthing differently and feel differently, my mind was not controling me, toughts would just come and pass way, and i felt really good, kinda stoned,but in a good way. I felt good,very good, some kind of peace and pleasure/joy, i was able to listen some music and hear and the details and apreciate it in a totally different way, was very good.
But it didn't last, next morning i was back to my depressive/anxious state again, very frustrated actually.

The problem is, i'm dealing with depression for 1 year, and high anxiety for my whole life.

The state i went into in the hotel was very good to deal with all of it, but it seems almost impossible to reach it again, i listen Eckhart in youtube, or Mooji, and try to pratice presence, but even present, i feel bad, a bodly disconfort, breathing disconfort, its not good.

Actually most of my presence experiences, where that i do my best to let it flow, and be present( and toughts,emotions comes, and i let them fade) my mind get empty and i get aware of sounds,etc. i still feel bad, its not good, no joy, no beauty, no peace. I did this pratice tons and tons of time, and had just this past 2 great experiences, and they never came back anymore.

I've tried everthing to deal with anxiety and now depression, common Medicine to Holistic medicine and energetic therapies....nothing deals with it...the only thing that makes me feel really good and calm is Cannabis, but i can't use it and i don't wan't anymore cause it reallys mess with my mind and brain after a while....

why i keep feeling bad when i get present? It must be presence, cause i don't think, i perceive everthing around me,my breathing, body,everthing more than 8 seconds,if a tought comes i let it go and get back to presence...but no well being...thats weird....

sorry for long post and typing issues, im Brazilian...

thanks everyone
Luiz Wilhelm

Re: I don't feel better when i'm in presence state

Postby dijmart » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 am

You don't need more "experience" of presence/awareness, you ARE presence/awareness. You think you are the "person" you are associated with, but it's an appearance in you. Your mind, specifically the intellect, which is enlivened and illumined by you, awareness, has identified (after years of conditioning) with the body/mind/sense complex organism called Luiz. You have forgotten, through the power of Maya (Illusion/ignorance) that you are awareness.

Therefore, when thoughts, emotions and feelings present themselves to you (awareness) you are identifying with them, as though they "are" you, where really, they are "apparent" subtle objects appearing in/to you.

Thoughts, feelings, emotions come and go, you can "watch" this happen if you can get some space between you (the witnessing awareness) and these "apparent" subtle objects. If you place your attention upon them and identify with them....you suffer. If you can see them as unhelpful, unwanted "appearances" within the mind, you can distance yourself and allow them to disipate into the abyss from where they came.

Shift your attention/identification to yourself, awareness. This is experienced as a witnessing presence and is always there when noticed. This is you- impersonal, attributeless, full, complete, limitless, nondual awareness!

You could try Nisargadatta's teaching to cling to the "I AM" without any attributes, if that teaching resonates. The "I AM" sense, prior to the mind/ego saying " I AM this, that and the other."

Hopes this helps.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Luiz Wilhelm » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:55 am

dijmart wrote:You don't need more "experience" of presence/awareness, you ARE presence/awareness. You think you are the "person" you are associated with, but it's an appearance in you. Your mind, specifically the intellect, which is enlivened and illumined by you, awareness, has identified (after years of conditioning) with the body/mind/sense complex organism called Luiz. You have forgotten, through the power of Maya (Illusion/ignorance) that you are awareness.

Therefore, when thoughts, emotions and feelings present themselves to you (awareness) you are identifying with them, as though they "are" you, where really, they are "apparent" subtle objects appearing in/to you.

Thoughts, feelings, emotions come and go, you can "watch" this happen if you can get some space between you (the witnessing awareness) and these "apparent" subtle objects. If you place your attention upon them and identify with them....you suffer. If you can see them as unhelpful, unwanted "appearances" within the mind, you can distance yourself and allow them to disipate into the abyss from where they came.

Shift your attention/identification to yourself, awareness. This is experienced as a witnessing presence and is always there when noticed. This is you- impersonal, attributeless, full, complete, limitless, nondual awareness!

You could try Nisargadatta's teaching to cling to the "I AM" without any attributes, if that teaching resonates. The "I AM" sense, prior to the mind/ego saying " I AM this, that and the other."

Hopes this helps.

thank you for your words!I will take a look upon Nisargadatta
Luiz Wilhelm

Postby jtightlips21 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 am

I find that it takes time before we can fully start feeling alive with presence. I am not the best to talk, as I am not fully there yet. However, I feel I have been able to be less dominated by thoughts than when I first started 2 years ago. I find what helps are A) mentally reciting mantras(Such as the Om Shanti Shanti, the Jesus Prayer or the Rosary, I come from a Catholic background), B) A Stimulating Activity that you feel can keep your full attention, C) Some form of entertainment like a good movie, tv show, a book, videogame or nature, or D) Talking with other people
jtightlips21

Return to Questions