I'mLooking for a Thread about a Person's Temporary Awakening

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

I'mLooking for a Thread about a Person's Temporary Awakening

Postby Rubber Soul » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 am

He talked about waking up into Presence and staying there for about a month. He said it was so amazing but he eventually lost it and fell into a seeming despair.

It might've just been someone's post instead of a thread, though.
Rubber Soul

Re: I'mLooking for a Thread about a Person's Temporary Awake

Postby dijmart » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 pm

I don't know who it is, but do you have a question about it, that maybe someone else could help you with?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Rubber Soul » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Not really, but I think what I described may be a more common experience than I think. Especially on this forum, too.

Do you consider yourself awakened, dijmart?
Rubber Soul

Postby dijmart » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Do you consider yourself awakened, dijmart?

If you mean, have I apprehended and understand that my true nature is "The Self/awareness" which is called Self realization (in Vedanta), then, yes. But, to be clear, Self realization is an experience, it comes and goes, it's "Self" (capital "S"/pure awareness) knowledge that can be obtained from the experience or through various teachings with Self inquiry, that removes the ignorance in the mind, so you can live from this perspective.

So, after the experience of Self realization (awakening) that reveals that you ARE pure awareness and always have been, then this knowledge needs to be assimilated into every aspect of the Jiva/persons life to gain the fruit of the knowledge which is called Moksha in Vedanta. Moksha is the word used to mean- freedom/liberation or enlightenment.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Questions