Feeling Trapped

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Feeling Trapped

Postby palltaruo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello,

I have periods of stillness that last a few days, but they are usually follows up by acute pain body attacks. At this point (where I think I am now), I feel hopeless, insecure, lost, and alone. I understand (on some level), that this is the ego, not me, and that the best action to take is to practice going into the present moment through breathing, body scans, etc., but the pain feels too much to bear in this state. I'm sure this issue has been discussed many, many time here, so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I don't know where else to go or who else to talk to. I'm feeling very confused and alone right now; I think writing about it may help. School (feeling like I'm not doing enough) and the SAT are big triggers, as well as my appearance/body weight. This will pass, I think. I'm not certain what I'm asking here, maybe some encouragement or wisdom.

Thank you,
All the best.
palltaruo

Re: Feeling Trapped

Postby dijmart » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:28 am

I feel hopeless, insecure, lost, and alone.

I'm sorry you feel this way! Sometimes it helps if another acknowledges your pain! I myself have had a lot of pain recently...pain is painful. Try not to create additional "stories" around the pain, this will help it to move through you, instead of making camp and festering.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Feeling Trapped

Postby palltaruo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 pm

dijmart wrote:
I feel hopeless, insecure, lost, and alone.

I'm sorry you feel this way! Sometimes it helps if another acknowledges your pain! I myself have had a lot of pain recently...pain is painful. Try not to create additional "stories" around the pain, this will help it to move through you, instead of making camp and festering.

Thank you dijmart. I agree, what I'm doing (creating "stories" around it) really only creates more pain.
palltaruo

Return to Questions