Hiding out in awareness and embodiment

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Hiding out in awareness and embodiment

Postby bobdylanfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Hey guys I realised that I've been hiding out in the spacious openness and freedom of awareness for about two years and then a lot of bodily pain and trauma brought me back to earth. I ve noticed that I've kind of forgotten how to be my human self, with my own personality. It feels strange and obviously familiar aswell. I've been able to properly laugh again, I ve been really interested and excited in having a good conversation and gettin to know new people. This is something I feel I completely overlooked for a few years, not needing anyone and thinking they re all so caught up in their egos anyway what's the point?? It feels nice to try to remember how to be human again and enjoy all the gifts of that. Has anyone else experienced that embodiment side of things, blending the human with the spirit ? How was it for you ?

Thanks xx
bobdylanfan

Re: Hiding out in awareness and embodiment

Postby DavidB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:46 am

Spiritual states of consciousness can become both addictive and obsessive. I've mentioned before how being spiritual can be one of the most insidious delusions.

The most spiritual we can be is not spiritual at all, it's simply being human.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Re: Hiding out in awareness and embodiment

Postby dijmart » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:57 am

Hi BDF,

I've been hiding out in the spacious openness and freedom of awareness for about two years and then a lot of bodily pain and trauma brought me back to earth.

Where have you been? In a cave or somethin'? I mean you say you had to learn how to be your human self and properly learn to laugh again, so how is it you forgot in the first place? Have you had no human interaction? I'm seriously asking...
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Questions