Depression

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:29 am

Happy awakenings to all :D

innermusiq

yep

Post by innermusiq » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:35 am

I totally agree, but all suffering and illness is, not only depression, but it is the least understood and not many are willing to open themselves up to the point of almost nakedness, something that is hidden and kept secret from others for most of a lifetime. Why do you rekon help is hardly ever sought. I can see why with some of the responses here and my own experiences even with the medical profession. There is not open discussion about it, for fear of insensitive, uncompassionate remarks, and non understanding of the debilitating affects it has.

Such as Healer heal thyself etc. This imo was said to every human that suffers ( mans inhumanity to man ) Who was that said to ? only one who I'm sure we agree was a Master, Jeaus. Who said it ? a big ego, without compassion for human suffering. Suffering is part of form, if we could all heal thyselves well no one would die from illness oh! but depression is not valid suffering or valid illness is that it.

Sure disidentifying helps not cures imo.

AS the Master himself said ( as most of you like to quote Jesus ) during crucifixcion, his last words were

" IT IS FINISHED "
What was , his mission and his suffering and then the FORM DIED.

So suffering in form was finished at the point of his death.

You can't NOT THINK your way out of suffering or illness only disidentify from it but it will still exist in the form.

In my post I said I would down tools and allow the negitive dark cloud of energy dissolve, but decided to check in anyway and to read those last post taught me another lesson. Don't open up here, don't bare little me here. I'm sorry I did it has been very painfull but some people were very understanding and what they said has helped and pointed a way for 'me'

But others posters were more than stimulating to an already over-active PAINBODY and fuelled it up more so. That was the most valuable lesson of all. These few have reduced BEING HUMAN FORM to MERE FORM and have lost all sense of humankind, IMO ET and NOW is not about THAT.
CAN they be HEALED I hope so.

"Forgive them for they no not what they do " ( or say )

Jadecham

Post by Jadecham » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:58 pm

I know that depression is an illness and a very dibilitating one at that. You can no sooner "snap out of it" than a person with any other illness can "snap out of it". I know how frustrating it is to be told that it's "all in your head" - in the same way that Alzheimer's is "all in your head". And the worst part is that so few people really understand the disease well enough to offer any practical help.
I'm simply saying that it's something you live with and that, by finding a way not to feel invalidated by depression or other people's ideas about it, you can lessen some of the worst effects. Acceptance can be liberating. I'm in no way suggesting that you shouldn't do what you can to deal with how you feel, but from the moment you accept that you're a wonderful person with an unfortunate handicap and that you don't need to make it the core of your being, then you can find ways to live with it.
Judging from what you've written, I think you already knew that.
Namaste!

grant

Post by grant » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:36 pm

I like what you've said innermusiq. Depression is a terrible afliction. It's in me now and has been for many years off and on. I also get the highs of mania also but not as often. When I first started reading pon It really struck a chord and at last I thought I had found a way of stopping the "big D". Three years down the line and it's still here (and now)!! I practice being very present and I accept the depression as a part of me. I don't deny it or pretend it does not exist. For me it is a chemical imbalence which can be brought on by any number of things or situations.
Iv'e decided to go back on the pill, (prozac), as I see it as the surest way of getting back to this reality. I could very easily just stay in bed or run away and not go out untill it rises but the world does go on and I have responsibilities.

frankybeauty

Post by frankybeauty » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:32 am

I suffer from depresion and all of your posts help me. thank you innermusiq and everyone else. thank you for allowing me to allow myself to accept depression for what it is.

Foxtrot

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 am

As a new community member I hope the original poster still checks back. I also suffered for along time with severe depression. After years of trying different anti depressents, a couple of theripists, reading and applying different coping stratagies found in several self help books and even a suicide attempt, I finally found lasting relief from my bout with depression and anxiety. You can check it out for yourself at the following.
" http://www.centerpointe.com/ ". Rather than a long wordy discourse, which you will get at the site, it is a CD with special sound technology that alters your brain wave patterns to that of an expierienced meditator. I had tried meditation before and also other brain wave cd's with no real noticable help. I did'nt expect this would be different. Although a little pricy and the guy (Bill Harris) comes of as a real pitch man, with a whole year money back guarantee, I gave it a try. With in only a couple of days you will be able to feel the endorphines start to lift you up and out of the depression. After only about 6 weeks of using this product, I now go for days without any symptons at all and when I do slip back, symptons are very mild and very short lived (a couple hours at most).

I URGE you to try this product, and sincerly hope that you have the same results as myself. Good luck to you my friend.

eseward

Post by eseward » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:47 pm

Foxtrot, I just felt like saying that yours was a very nice and thoughtful post. Good for you. :)

semiral

Post by semiral » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:40 am

Hi,

Living in total harmony with nature helped me when I was going through some stressful time. In practical terms:

- Spend long time outdoors and be active as much as possible: long walks in the forest, play games (ball games or else), hiking, camping, sailing, skiing, observing wild life
- Eat seasonal: "cooling" food in the summer, "warming" food in the winter. Also try to eat local, less, pay big attention to your digestion system
- Sleep more in winter when dark, less in summer
- Listen to your body and act accordingly

The above is in addition to practicing PON. Hope it helps...

gwyll

Thank you, everyone

Post by gwyll » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:57 am

Thank you, everyone, for the replies..
I can very much relate, and have found your responses helpful..
Best wishes to all,
gwyll

din

Post by din » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:04 am

I suffer from depresion and all of your posts help me. thank you innermusiq and everyone else. thank you for allowing me to allow myself to accept depression for what it is.
That is a good point.

Accepting the depression.

Not the concept of the disease.

But the feeling that is in the now.

If you react or resist the feeling, you are actually making it more real.

By fully accepting the feeling, you may be able to move beyond/through it.

I am NOT advocating not taking meds or therapy, this is simply a pointer that may help.
:)