should I leave this job

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
ixtlander

should I leave this job

Post by ixtlander » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 pm

I work as a clerk for a non profit company. I basically got the job by contacting the C.E.O., whom I knew as a child, and telling him about how down on my luck I was and how badly I needed a job.
I basically have to struggle just to find anything to do and I feel like I'm wasting the company's money by being here. It's only $10 an hour but that adds up for a non profit I would think.
to top it off I have a recent felony marked down to a misdemeanor on my criminal record, so I imagine it would be quite difficult to find work.
kinda just talking here. if you want to say anything to ahead, I won't be offended maybe.

steve Davidson

Re: should I leave this job

Post by steve Davidson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 am

Can you talk with the people you work with, in that department and see if there is more you can do, if you can help out, have some more responsibilities thrown your way. There is always things to do, work to perform, you just have to find out what they need done probably.

That was kind of the CEO to take you in and help you out, give you a job. And that is kind of you to be concerned about this, to feel like you are wasting their money. That is very honest and integrous about you.

So as i suggested, try to find more to do while there, so you are earning your money, your paycheck. And if you cannot find more work to do, then you will be in a hard position of having to speak up to the CEO and tell him you feel you are wasting their money and possibly losing this job, and starting again with no guarantee of another job. Or just keep working for now and not speak up. And if you still feel you are not earning your keep, you can look for another job while being here temporarily.

Hope it works out for you and you find you are useful and happy there or elsewhere. Best of luck.

ixtlander

Post by ixtlander » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Thanks Steve. I will take your suggestions to heart.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:02 pm

That's some good advice from Steve. Someone has given you a helping hand. Make good use of it and it will be money well spent. You can always pay it forward when conditions allow. That's how helping others works best. Stay positive. Live in appreciation. Be proactive.

WW

turiya

Post by turiya » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 am

Whether or not you have anything to do, be Present.
Then whatever words or actions are necessary will come out of your Presence... and they'll be much more powerful than when they come from your mind alone.
Then you'll be the most valuable employee in the entire company (even though you might not be recognized as such). :D
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

ixtlander

Post by ixtlander » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Thank you all. your advice is greatly appreciated.