How to deal with past pain body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Sajor1975

How to deal with past pain body

Post by Sajor1975 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello everyone, 1st post here , i been learning about spirituality since 2008 and started reading Eckhart Tolle's books since 2013. Im currently having a issue with past pain body and would like suggestions on best way address this, there is a word that people have said to me up in my face and direct , some would say it in a casual not offensive way others would say it to me as attacking or wanting to hurt my feelings, I know for a fact that i am not this "thing" they call me but then when im alone laying at my bed at night i start thinking a lot of different people said im this "thing" to my face , could it be true? and i am the one that is in delusion.

On the same topic i cant stop but to nitpick my physical appearance, i am my worst enemy , when i look in the mirror its sorts of surprises me because its not how i envision and carry my self on a daily basis.

Webwanderer

Re: How to deal with past pain body

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:19 pm

Sajor1975 wrote:Im currently having a issue with past pain body and would like suggestions on best way address this, there is a word that people have said to me up in my face and direct , some would say it in a casual not offensive way others would say it to me as attacking or wanting to hurt my feelings, I know for a fact that i am not this "thing" they call me but then when im alone laying at my bed at night i start thinking a lot of different people said im this "thing" to my face , could it be true? and i am the one that is in delusion.
Welcome to the forum.

My take is this: When someone says something derogatory toward me, I know it says far more about them than it does about me. It reflects their perception more than my reality - and who knows what went into the construction of that perception. This is where doing your best to be authentic and honest with yourself gives you the strength to be okay with what others might say. You know the truth about yourself better than do others.

So, when you're lying in bed considering what someone said, you can rely on your honesty and authenticity with yourself to see derogatory comments clearly. Maybe there's some substance, and maybe there's not, but it's always an opportunity to reconnect with your true nature and strengthen your willingness to be who you are.
On the same topic i cant stop but to nitpick my physical appearance, i am my worst enemy , when i look in the mirror its sorts of surprises me because its not how i envision and carry my self on a daily basis.
Once again, this reflects back to honesty and authenticity about your understanding of who/what you are. Whatever you see with your eyes is temporary. Have some fun with it, but always have a sense of what lasts while the body moves through it's physical existence. Work on inner beauty. Be who you are from your eternal core. Work to bring ever more clarity to your understanding of your true nature. Let this be your primary focus. Then make sure your hair is combed.

WW

ThatAwareness

Re: How to deal with past pain body

Post by ThatAwareness » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:28 am

It is your thoughts and mind that are feeling threatened, but you are not your thoughts or mind. Your truest 'self' doesn't exist and it cannot be named, it is falsely identifying with what it sees. Maybe sit still and try to notice these thoughts coming and going. If they appear and reappear, how can they really be you?