Other spiritual teachers?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Newman

Other spiritual teachers?

Post by Newman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi do any of you follow other teachers in the field of spirituality or a means to being happy?

kiki

Re: Other spiritual teachers?

Post by kiki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:34 am

From our website: viewforum.php?f=28 I highly recommend Adyashanti. Here's a link on our board: viewforum.php?f=29 and here's a link to his website, which is excellent http://www.adyashanti.org
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 am

There are so many. I have found the study of NDE's to be quite valuable. Check out our section on Beyond the Physical. viewforum.php?f=47

As to a teacher, I recommend Abraham. There are hundreds of Abraham-Hicks videos on YouTube.

WW

Newman

Post by Newman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Who is producing work for newbies like me? My story is I grew up being bullied, got into my teens with severe confidence and self esteem issues, started off adulthood 18-20 looking to make a difference, found a difference in a treatment for my dry skin for which I was bullied for, then I got a girlfriend, lost her, had a broken heart for a long time, now i don't have the confidence to chat anyone up, have no career which I Really want, still living with my parents owing to lack of cash, sort of an alcoholic but i am cutting back, i am 35 going on 36 and not sure I want to do this BS another 35 years lol. Anyway, I want to live a more stress free life, i stress over a lot of issues, such as the above, wh has any introductory stuff I can use? I am still looking up the one kiki told me about stillness speaks, but the thing is, I think eckhart tolle is kind of explaining things to an audience who already knows stuff. I understand a lot of what he says, but understanding what somone says and actually experiencing it is another matter. Like he says saying the word honey is different to tasting it. I need to learn to meditate.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Everyone is unique. What is best for one may not be for another. I suggest you explore and follow what 'feels' right. That feeling is your inner guidance and is the best teacher of all. There are many excellent discussions in this forum. There is also sections of recommended reading, movies and more. viewforum.php?f=26

Read some and see what inspires you. Then do some internet searches on key words to find sources that will further your understanding. The exploration should be fun. Learning the truth about life beyond the materialism promoted by the media and corporations is quite freeing.

The mental/emotional atmosphere you take to the exploration is important. Learn to live in appreciation. Self pity is debilitating. Appreciation is expansive. All that you learn along the way will simply add to the great feeling atmosphere generated by appreciation.

WW

Newman

Post by Newman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks.

Newman

Post by Newman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi do any of you use other popular forums regarding Buddhism and other spiritual enlightenment ideas also besides YouTube where do you access things like audiobooks or teaching materials?

Thanks in advance

MissNikki

Post by MissNikki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 am

Newman, I highly recommend you check out the series he did with Oprah a few years back. It is available on YouTube. They talk about the book A New Earth and he answers many questions from real people all around the world. It is very eye opening. You can find the full series on Youtube, I believe there are 10 episodes, as there is one episode per chapter in the book. :) It is called "Eckhart Tolle & Oprah Global Web Series".
Posted by MissNikki.

Newman

Post by Newman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi I have been listening to these, on episode five thanks.

MissNikki

Post by MissNikki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Oh good! You are actually ahead of me. I've read the book but just on Episode 4 of the series now :D Let me know what you think. So far I'm really loving it.
Posted by MissNikki.

Newman

Post by Newman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am

Well its good eye opening material on exploring the world in a different way for me since I'm relatively new to learning such material on an in depth manner, however sometimes I raise myeye brows take for example how he views the reason for menstruation??? :shock:

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:09 am

John Sherman. Justonelook.org.
Be present, be pleasant.

Newman

Post by Newman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks I'll look into him,

Also on part six he suggests road accidents are due to pain bodies..