How do I not label evil

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
davekippen

How do I not label evil

Post by davekippen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Just finishing A New Earth. Changing my life. I completely love the idea that our mind labels good, bad, and everything else. Things and events are neutral until we label them.

How do we account for evil? A psycho walks into a school and kills. How do we not label this?

Webwanderer

Re: How do I not label evil

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 am

davekippen wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 pm
How do we account for evil? A psycho walks into a school and kills. How do we not label this?
Welcome to the forum.

Maybe we can't not label, but you do get to choose the nature of that label. How would you like to experience it? Pick your label in a way that serves you best. It's been a basic question for most everyone: What is the meaning of life? I would suggest that life in this form does not have a fundamental meaning. It's simply information. Each of us applies our own unique meaning to unfolding information, events and conditions.

The meaning we apply then reflects directly in our experience. The harsher we judge based on our applied meaning, the clearer the separation becomes between who we are as judge (labeler) and what/who is being judged. Then, the more people, events and conditions we separate ourselves from through our negative 'labels', the smaller our world view becomes. Even this is not a matter of right and wrong. It's just the way this life system works. What serves us best as evolving/expanding conscious beings? Exclusion or inclusion?

WW