Does tolle have any real advice on how to improve relationships?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Newman

Does tolle have any real advice on how to improve relationships?

Post by Newman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi I work in a call centre however the the manager I originally had bullied me and looks down to me, she has been promoted several times since I started, only promotes her friends and although as the business has grown since I started 7 years ago and there are more managers who are now my immediate manager who like me I feel since I am not getting any career development I should move to another job, considering however I would therefore be starting again on the bottom rung in terms of respect and reliability etc I am cautious of doing this although clearly I need to get somewhere where I can get career development. Does tolle teach any advice on relationships so I can improve mine with existing or future management to increase the chances of promotion? Thanks in advance

ifunkygroove

Re: Does tolle have any real advice on how to improve relationships?

Post by ifunkygroove » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Yes I believe Eckhart does. I believe the first step would be acceptance - acceptance of what is, the situation you are in and how you got there. Acceptance of your job is acceptance of your life situation, not who you are as a human being. Who you are as a human being is sacred. "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of the lord."

Eckhart addresses the work situation in one's life. If you become present and accept the circumstance and you still cannot or do not want to live with it, or it has become toxic and it is clear it will not change despite your petitions, you must take action. "Nobody chooses dysfunction, conflict, pain. Nobody chooses insanity. They happen because there is not enough presence in you to dissolve the past, not enough light to dispel the darkness." (Eckhart Tolle).

If you are suffering in your current position and are conscious of it, it is only sane to want to change it. Therefore if you have exhausted the avenues to change your work situation which it sounds like you have, you must take action. Otherwise you are causing more suffering for yourself and those around you.

Let go of your insecurities regarding finding a new job and the prospect of less pay - these are projections of the ego preventing you from operating from your true power. When interviewing and finding a new job, don't worry so much about position and pay - of course you must negotiate for what you need to survive and perhaps you need to cut back on your overhead - but be aware of the consciousness of your potential new co-workers. If you have found a good fit, the money will come.

Patrick