Praying?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Testigo

Praying?

Post by Testigo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 am

If so, who prays?
The ego...?
And pray... to whom?
Is it not praying a step backwords towards duality?
Is not praying an act of rejection against what IS?
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now

sincerelymandypandy

Re: Praying?

Post by sincerelymandypandy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 am

This is such an interesting question!
I used to pray every night. I learned it as a child from my mom and I was baptized catholic.
I stopped praying for the past year because it didn’t seam to “work”. However, I kept on believe it is thanks to God for the blessings in my life.
ET’s A New Earth has reintroduced me to God. I like to believe that God is the “background stillness” of Presence. The breath takes me back to God when I get lost in form, especially in thought forms. I think if you are aware of your presence, you sense God in your life (our one life). God is the creative intelligence of the universe. If you pray to Him (or Her - whatever pronoun it’s just a filler word to refer to God), then you are talking to the One Life or Being. It’s always you who is praying because you are not your ego. You might mistake yourself to be ego when you are identified with form, but who you are is always there. You are always Being. You and I at our formless essence is Being. Our body is form that is a manifestation of creative intelligence. Creative intelligence is that which caused the universe to emerge from the nothing, and the same which causes the universe to return to nothing.
So when you pray it is Being talking to Being. I think it’s pure consciousness being aware of itself. However, I think I only really pray when I feel cut off from Being and need help disidentifying from the world of form. When I am present with Being, I feel like words are no longer necessary to talk to God. Instead, I rest in God. Just as Jesus says: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
In this quote, “I” refers to Jesus who is God which is also a word that simply points to One Life or Being. The “world” refers to form.
I hope this helps!