Being everything and nothing

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
wanderingsoul

Being everything and nothing

Post by wanderingsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

I've been struggling with extreme low self esteem and the pressure is so extreme I closed in on myself in a way. Its really hard to live under intense pressure, the external conditions arent that bad but the inner conditions are pretty extreme. The intensity of the negative emotions I be feeling is overwhelming and my mind starts blocking it out by numbing me, if I resist the numbing it gets worse, its like a death trap. Im using this is a tool for waking up (all I can do really). When I just sit back and allow that space to come in things get much easier and I flow with more easy, my mind catches me by telling me that I have to struggle to be worthy, I tend to jump into that cuz theres heart in it, I feel compassion in the heart and naturally I want to be more of a blessing than a curse to others but I tend to be a bit extreme in trying to be perfect and my minds idea of perfect being purely good. I feel completely lost. How do I follow the path of waking up without spiritual bypassing

ThatAwareness

Re: Being everything and nothing

Post by ThatAwareness » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Why are you believing the mind as if it were yourself? Watch these thoughts, do not attach to them, see that they are separate from you.