Laws governing the evolution of consciousness

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Ckunert

Laws governing the evolution of consciousness

Post by Ckunert » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:04 am

I have heard Eckhart speak about laws that govern the evolution of consciousness. Is there a recommended book on this topic with which Tolle would agree? I have seen many on the Internet but not sure about their veracity.

Sighclone

Re: Laws governing the evolution of consciousness

Post by Sighclone » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:54 am

Welcome Ckunert -

If you are referring to laws regarding the evolution of an individual consciousness, ET spoke about this briefly in about the third Webinar with Oprah in 2009. He said he felt that the ego was just too powerful to be overcome much before the age of 30 or so.

If you are speaking about planetary consciousness, he briefly touches on that in both ANE and PON, but I'm not aware of where he might have formally stated them.

In my opinion, ET is not the final authority on all things nondual. The Science and Nonduality Conference is in its 10th year (https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/ ). I've been to about half of them. The website currently has a lecture/video by Dr. Jude Currivan (player link to YouTube on right side of homepage.) You might be interested in that....

But I'm not the final authority either!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce