How does one decide?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Lookingin+

How does one decide?

Post by Lookingin+ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Hello and thank you in advance for any insight you may have to offer!

Being newly awakened and really cherishing the now, I'm looking for some insight on a decision my "big and little I" seem to be stuck upon.

How do you choose decisions that align with purpose and not ego if there is no clear answer but an answer is needed?

It's such a simple answer needed, yet I can't seem to be sure of my true answer.

Any help or direction is appreciated! As I sit and type this I believe I've received my answer but I am curious as to what others might say!:)

Webwanderer

Re: How does one decide?

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Alignment is not made through our thoughts, but through our feelings. Thought plays a role in gathering information, but when it comes down to choice, the best ones are made by what feels best. There is no right or wrong in our choices. There is only this or that direction and the experiences that come with it. It's easy to judge things, saying 'I should have...' but every choice comes with experience and that always has value.

Anyway, once you've thought through the possibilities, breath deeply, get quiet and feel the likely experience that comes with the direction of whatever choices are available. It's in how it feels, what feels best, is likely your best choice.

Even better, the practice of familiarizing yourself with that alignment, with your deeper nature, will pay dividends throughout your life.

Welcome to the forum.

WW

Lookingin+

Re: How does one decide?

Post by Lookingin+ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 am

Thank you for your insight. That is what I realized while toying the question. What I "thought" was my choice felt stressful and a chore while deciding the alternative felt free and good. I made my decision before reading this and know it was right, as it fells right. I am at peace with it.

Thank you again for your insight and kind welcome!:)