Inner body meditation

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
alchemizt

Inner body meditation

Post by alchemizt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

I been doing this inner body meditation thing regularly for over a year now, its become second nature, it took a while but its gradually becoming automatic and natural. I see how its giving me the ability to be centered and embrace emotions and I can use it any time I'm suffering and it helps immensely.

Eckhart Tolle says that this inner body awareness enables you to reclaim your consciousness from the mind, first in little bits, then as you progress in bigger and bigger chunks. Do any of you here have this experience? In my experience its giving me the ability to not automatically identify with thoughts and emotions and create a space between me and the pain and things like this that Eckhart Tolle describes but I don't know if I'm reclaiming consciousness from the mind, I don't necessarily feel any more aware and conscious.

kiki

Re: Inner body meditation

Post by kiki » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:44 pm

I think it is very effective in diverting attention away from thought-stream, and that gives a practitioner the opportunity to realize that they are not a thought-based entity. When that realization comes will differ from person to person. Some people simply cannot feel the inner body when they first try feeling it and they give up, and so they end up looking for other avenues to disengage attention from thought-stream to become present.

All of ET's pointers open the door for discovering one's true nature, that what you are is consciousness itself. How and when this realization manifests is unpredictable, but one can't force it to happen. It's an organic thing that will happen unbidden, but trying to make it happen only serves to keep it at bay. Live your life in presence as much as possible, with no expectation or hope that anything should be any different in terms of "feeling any more aware and conscious." You can't be any more than what you already are, simple ordinary consciousness. You can, however, begin to notice more fully the ever present consciousness more clearly. It's so ordinary that it gets easily overlooked, but once "seen" you begin to notice it all the time, in all circumstances.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

flowisfreedom

Re: Inner body meditation

Post by flowisfreedom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi alchemitz, have you tried to go deeper and deeper into your body? From my experience the more subtle sensations I can feel the more I am conscious, also try to experience the world with that inner body awareness, which means to experience the world with that energy that you are and that everything is and you will feel a sense of connection. Is it not super interesting knowing that the energy that we can feel in us is the same in everything outside us?