Exercises blocked

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Manuel

Exercises blocked

Post by Manuel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:45 am

Good evening, everyone.

i really like eckhart tolle books and i tried some exercieses from the books. But some of them doesnt seem to work or are "blocked". I tried to feel my body as he suggest in his book "The power of now". It worked one day and the next one it didnt anymore. I also have an illness (a schizophrenia) and i would like to practice devotion towards it. Trying to accept the uneasiness. This too is "blocked". Maybe i have a negative karma which blockes the exercises?? On the other side some exercises seem to work. For example paying attention to my breath or paying attention to the thoughts which pass through my mind.

Thank you in advance!

kiki

Re: Exercises blocked

Post by kiki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 am

Use what works now and don't worry about what isn't very effective. Forget about speculating about why they don't work since that's just adding some story for the mind to chew on. Over time those less effective ones may very likely be easier for you.

By the way, welcome to the board.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Manuel

Re: Exercises blocked

Post by Manuel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:10 am

Thank you for your reply! Im appliying your tips! Thank you very much.