Hearing voices while running that seem real. Spiritual awakening ?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
theyoungsimmba

Hearing voices while running that seem real. Spiritual awakening ?

Post by theyoungsimmba » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:09 am

I am a spiritual person, I practice meditation daily and follow Tony Robbins "priming method" almost every single day. It helps me keep my mind alert and focused on all the tasks I have in hand. I have also practiced other forms of meditation such as Osho's dynamic meditation and simply sitting at a place for 40 minutes just focused breathing. So I have some knowledge about spirituality.

A couple of days ago, I went for a 4 mile run and I decided that I am just going to focus on my breathing while running, no music, that was the challenge. It was around 5:30pm when I started out and it was getting darker by the minute. As I was running and I reached the 1.5 mile mark, I found myself in a residential area with a forest type area to my right. I was simply focusing my breathing while running, suddenly felt that somebody was looking at me from a distance, it felt uncomfortable but I kept on going. There was a weird fear in my consciousness I kept thinking like, "Am I being chased by a wolf?" I don't even know why a wolf specifically. I turned around and started running back to my starting point, I was scared. As I was running, there was a bush on the right of me where I hear a sound like "fff fff". I ignored it and kept going, then again after a few minutes I looked back for no reason and I tripped over and fell as I turned forward and fell on the footpath. It was so strange that was happening, I don't know why. I kept going and once again as I covered another .25 miles I hear another "ffff ffff" from the bushes. It felt so weird in the moment, I don't know if that was a real wolf or not. It was a residential area, but it felt really strange that all these things were happening.

I thought to myself, is this a special being that is maybe controlling this somewhere, I don't know. I don't know if it sounds a little crazy, should I consult a doctor or is it some spiritual stuff ? I'm not clear on what it is. Is it my mind playing games or is it an awakening of sort or am I scared ?

Loffe

Re: Hearing voices while running that seem real. Spiritual awakening ?

Post by Loffe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:20 am

Hi.

If you could locate sounds outside like you did they most probably are from outside. Bushes in your case. We can sense danger when predators are watching us. I don't know where do you live maybe it was a mountain lion or some irritated bobcat who was trying to tell you to go away. But I might be wrong.
Loffe