Anyone recovered from Severe Anxiety?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Eagle85

Re: Anyone recovered from Severe Anxiety?

Post by Eagle85 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks DcS. I will check out the doc soon. Been down a lot today and over the weekend. Miss my old self. I have been struggling with this for six months and I know some people have been struggling longer but this is rough. It’s hard to stay in the present and aware when I just feel like a different person. Hopefully this will pass. Thanks everyone

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 am

Yes, I’ve recovered from severe anxiety......24/7 with intermittent panic attacks.

I used John Sherman’s looking method (long term) and diet exercise and the Wim Hof Method (short term). The breathing in particular puts you into a deep meditative state and the breathing with the cold exposure greatly increases norepinephrine, thus lowering anxiety fairly quickly.
Be present, be pleasant.

Eagle85

Post by Eagle85 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Thanks. I will have to look into the John Sherman method.

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Eagle85. I feel for you. Much of my life was dominated by general anxiety and depression. The thing I attribute the most to a massive reduction in anxiety is listening to a lot of Tolle and other teacher's audio books, talks and guided meditations. Something about the audio format for me particularly stilled the overactive mind.

I recently came across this guy offering guided meditations and hypnotic style tracks for anxiety. What I have listened to so far seems good and particularly well constructed to counter an overactive mind. The reviews for his work and for this particular track are touching in their stories and appreciation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vx8iUvfyCY Micheal Sealy 'Guided Meditation for Detachment From Over-Thinking (Anxiety / OCD / Depression)'

Best,
rg
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Eagle85

Post by Eagle85 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks randomguy. I will check it out. Fear runs my life at the moment. It’s crazy. Trying to figure out what it’s telling me. I think it is going to make me stronger in the long run, but going through it is rough. Rupert Spira says we have to face the fear in one of his videos and he says that’s the only way through it. What happens when you fear the fear though?

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Eagle85, howdy. :-)

You might find this traditional Tibetan way of dealing with fear interesting and useful: Feeding Your Demons.

"She explains that if we fight our demons, they only grow stronger. But if we feed them, nurture them, we can free ourselves from the battle."

One of the advantages of this approach is that it's really great fun! <Especially if you're a fan of monster movies like me.>

Rick
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

turiya

Post by turiya » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 am

Eagle85 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Rupert Spira says we have to face the fear in one of his videos and he says that’s the only way through it. What happens when you fear the fear though?
In that case, you explore your fear of fear and find out what it's made of.

Have you seen this one? (If not, then I recommend it. Its a good one. :D):

https://youtu.be/rTe2Jb8xuJk
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei