Trapped energy in the mouth

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
waterlillies

Trapped energy in the mouth

Post by waterlillies » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi,

I'm curious as to whether anyone has had the feel of trapped energy in the mouth. I practice acceptance awareness meditation every day but the energy remains.

Advice?

Dcdc

Re: Trapped energy in the mouth

Post by Dcdc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand. Can you explain better?

waterlillies

Post by waterlillies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 am

Yes, I'm practicing meditation every day and often I will scan the body for emotional pain bodies. Often when I do this I will feel a strong energy in my mouth that feels trapped and as much as I sit with it in meditation it remains. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had this and can perhaps share some insight.

Thanks

Dcdc

Post by Dcdc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm

waterlillies wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 am
Yes, I'm practicing meditation every day and often I will scan the body for emotional pain bodies. Often when I do this I will feel a strong energy in my mouth that feels trapped and as much as I sit with it in meditation it remains. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had this and can perhaps share some insight.

Thanks
Thank you for your answer.

I don't remember if I had sensations in my mounth during meditation sessions. I think that probably yes, because, when we are present, we can sense a lot of sensations through the body. In my opinion, it's not a big deal and doesn't mean anything. Just be present on that as you are present on everything as well, and the sensations will present themselves to you in a lot of different ways, because they - as the entire universe as well, that is just one, actually - are impermanent and transient.

And be careful in "calling" what this sensation is, and be careful in thinking what this sensasion means. I know you are not doing this, but is very normal seeing people trying to nominate/rationalize/categorize some experiences in meditation. A lot of authors and texts do this because language is the best tool we have to try to communicate informations between eachother, but it's only approximations at best. The reality is prior to language, and language is just a form we created as well.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 am

waterlillies wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks
Hi.

Yes, I have a similar feeling in the body. Especially throat and mouth, like inflammation-tingling feeling. It comes and goes. I feel also warmth here and there in the body for a couple of seconds several times during a day. I don't know exactly what it is but I suspect this is painbody. In the beginning, I tried to get rid of it by focusing attention there but it did not work so I figured out that better is to allow this sensation be. When it goes then it goes. You can search the forum for "painbody" there is information about this. You can probably free this energy but I feel that first thing is to grow presence. Then this goes away by itself or won't. Maybe someone more experienced can give some pointers or advice?
Loffe

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 am

In the last few months the trapped energy in my throat, mouth, head is gradually losing it's energy(it's in a purification process). Also other parts of the pain body also losing it's energy(especially the area in the heart), and I think that these two areas are core of the pain body or something. I feel that gradually and slowly the presence is becoming more permanent for me but I'm still in a transition period. Also few times a day I have this strange deep presence experiences. The inner body intensifies and transforms to a strong energy in the left part of my body LOL. It's sometimes deeply blissful sometimes not so much blissful but it's really amazing experience. I had many times total awakening experiences or different types of deep prensence states, this "intensification of the inner body in the left side of the body" is not like them but it's still remarkable.

I am sure that many people in our Eckhart Tolle community or other spiritual groups/sanghas will reach this stage. Come on, even I reached this stage with the craziest/heaviest pain body of all times, then everybody can do it LOL. The important thing is to be patient and not push yourself. You'll be already entered to the "Stream of Awakening" few years before you reach this stage, so the purification process will be efortless and spontaneous for you. But still it's better to be patient and accepting the present moment during the disidentification of the core of the pain body.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 am

I have those intense inner body feelings sometimes, strong vibration or humming. Last summer, when I was in the presence only occasionally, I was taking long walks in nature at weekends, holding attention in the inner body. This practice almost always activated the intense inner body feeling. 3-4 hours walk and rest of the day I was bathing in the pleasant vibration.
But talking about energy in throat and mouth, I had a couple times when some of it dissolved with pretty strong physical pain. Throat went sore and it felt like breathing in very cold air. Hot waves were running upwards and tears felt like lava. But strangely it was painful and at the same time it was bearable and felt good.
Loffe

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am

Loffe wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 am
I have those intense inner body feelings sometimes, strong vibration or humming. Last summer, when I was in the presence only occasionally, I was taking long walks in nature at weekends, holding attention in the inner body. This practice almost always activated the intense inner body feeling. 3-4 hours walk and rest of the day I was bathing in the pleasant vibration.
But talking about energy in throat and mouth, I had a couple times when some of it dissolved with pretty strong physical pain. Throat went sore and it felt like breathing in very cold air. Hot waves were running upwards and tears felt like lava. But strangely it was painful and at the same time it was bearable and felt good.

I remember that in the past few times the stucked energy in my thorat, mouth, head was little bit dissolved and the little dissolving was happening after I was practising presence all day long. But that little dissolving stopped and only started again few months ago. But this time it seems like its a continous process and gradually the stucked energy is dissolving. Some days the dissolving is not so much and somedays the dissolving is lasting for many hours. As the stucked energy dissolves and transforms to awareness, the awareness flows to different areas in the head and the unobserved areas of the stucked energy in the head manifests itself as itchy feelings. So different parts of my head is itching frequently LOL

The present moment practise lead people to forget about any goals and establish a person completely in present moment, but as a gift of the practise you move forward in spirituality and in your case it seems like you're having the positive results fastly. Spirituality is always challenging and have difficult periods but for some people the disidentification from the pain body/ego is more difficult and for some people it is easier. I think in your case it is easier because you're able to dissolve an important part of the core pain body in the very beginning in your practise. This is a very good sign. Seems like you're successful and moving very quickly in the spiritual path.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 am

PureLand wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am
The present moment practise lead people to forget about any goals and establish a person completely in present moment, but as a gift of the practise you move forward in spirituality and in your case it seems like you're having the positive results fastly. Spirituality is always challenging and have difficult periods but for some people the disidentification from the pain body/ego is more difficult and for some people it is easier. I think in your case it is easier because you're able to dissolve an important part of the core pain body in the very beginning in your practise. This is a very good sign. Seems like you're successful and moving very quickly in the spiritual path.
Yeah, it's been a quite ride. About a year ago I started to practice inner body feeling and watching thoughts. First day fully in presence came thru painbody about 2 weeks later. It was so weird and good at the same time. Next morning I wanted to go back to this feeling but I got powerful reaction and fear - never again, this is dangerous! Ok, I listened and maybe month didn't do any practice but continued reading and watching Tolle videos. Then it came to me: Wait a minute! Who was saying this to me? Of course, this was the ego. This was changing insight, never believed thoughts anymore. Well, I believed when I was trapped in the train of thoughts but a couple of times a day I woke up and was like: what the hell was this again.
Next significant experience was 6 months later when I discovered that I can choose not to think. I was really amazed. Reading about it is one thing but the experience is totally different.
Next event was in november - a shift in consciousness. No problems, no resistance, bliss. And I had to learn how to walk again because perception of the outer world changed so much. I took a couple of days. It's a somewhat funny story, I'm a contractor and this happened during busy times. A client wanted to move in. I had a lot to do and bam - can't walk anymore and actually didn't really feel like working anymore. Well, I didn't have many options, can't call the client: Hey you need to wait a little bit, I'm in the middle of enlightenment here. So i finished the project and I hope this client lives a good life in home filled presence :)
This went on about 3 weeks and ego came back hard. A month or so was really confusing. I found that resistance/painbody makes me feel like drunk. Something what I have learned is being more friendly with mind/ego. Before I wanted them to be gone, seeing as an enemy but that is not a good way.

Sorry, this went too offtopic.
Loffe

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Loffe wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 am

Yeah, it's been a quite ride. About a year ago I started to practice inner body feeling and watching thoughts. First day fully in presence came thru painbody about 2 weeks later. It was so weird and good at the same time. Next morning I wanted to go back to this feeling but I got powerful reaction and fear - never again, this is dangerous! Ok, I listened and maybe month didn't do any practice but continued reading and watching Tolle videos. Then it came to me: Wait a minute! Who was saying this to me? Of course, this was the ego. This was changing insight, never believed thoughts anymore. Well, I believed when I was trapped in the train of thoughts but a couple of times a day I woke up and was like: what the hell was this again.
Next significant experience was 6 months later when I discovered that I can choose not to think. I was really amazed. Reading about it is one thing but the experience is totally different.
Next event was in november - a shift in consciousness. No problems, no resistance, bliss. And I had to learn how to walk again because perception of the outer world changed so much. I took a couple of days. It's a somewhat funny story, I'm a contractor and this happened during busy times. A client wanted to move in. I had a lot to do and bam - can't walk anymore and actually didn't really feel like working anymore. Well, I didn't have many options, can't call the client: Hey you need to wait a little bit, I'm in the middle of enlightenment here. So i finished the project and I hope this client lives a good life in home filled presence :)
This went on about 3 weeks and ego came back hard. A month or so was really confusing. I found that resistance/painbody makes me feel like drunk. Something what I have learned is being more friendly with mind/ego. Before I wanted them to be gone, seeing as an enemy but that is not a good way.

Sorry, this went too offtopic.
In the beginning of presence practice strong reactions and taking a break is normal. In the beginning the practitioner learns to practise presence correctly and also the ordinary state of human conscioussness is completely opposite of presence so it may take a time to get adjust to the habit of presence practise. I also took a break in the beginning and it still amazes me that I was able to practise presence for more than 5 seconds with a crazy painbody, but somehow it happened.

The returning of the painbody is very normal. The momentum of ego lasts for a long time. Also as you become more established in the presence practise and as you have more insights and let go of more painbody, you face new things in your mind that was not clear to you before. I think that spiritual teachers have an important role in the spiritual practitioners inner growth. The role of the spiritual teachers is helping the spiritual practitioner to let go of the painbody. After I first started practise presence I developed the habit of watching spiritual teachers videos. I mostly watched Eckhart's videos, but in the internet you can't reach to all of the talks of Eckhart so, I also watched other spiritual teachers videos. Thich Nhat Hanh's dhamma talks also helped me a lot. Listening to spiritual teachers literally have the effect of cleaning the mind/letting go of the painbody. So after practising presence, listening to the spiritual teachers/gurus/yogis talks can be very helpful.

When you're deep in presence you can have tendency to let the world behind you and start a simple life. Eckhart also had this tendency after he shifted to a permanently awake state of conscioussness. This is a challenge of the most of spiritual practitioners life. But most important thing is the inner state and I think that in the future it's a big possibilty for you to enter to the complete formlessness. And experiencing these temporary ego identified mind states will be helpful for you to experience it because complete formlessness comes through seeing the meaninglessness of the ego. You seem to move forward fast in the spiritual path. Some spiritual traditions describe the spiritual development as stages of insight and they describe these deep presence states as "jhana" I think. Your experience of deep bliss that lasted for a long time, letting go of part of the core painbody in the beginning in your practise and your insights about ego/thoughts are really good signs of you're moving forward very fast in spirituality.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 am

Thank you PureLand for the kind words.
Loffe