How to stay conscious and control my pain body with my 50th Birthday!

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Strawdog

How to stay conscious and control my pain body with my 50th Birthday!

Post by Strawdog » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 am

Hi All

I'm very new to the Power of Now having only started watching some of Eckharts YouTube videos about a week ago. It has, in that time, had a huge positive impact on my life - I'm hesitant to call it an epiphany but that's what if feels like. I am aware that to become fully conscious and present in the now and in a life free from my pain body is not something that will happen instantly. Today is my 50th Birthday and my unconscious mind and pain body are very keen to take over!! I am aware of the negative thoughts - so and so hasn't wished me Happy Birthday - I'm 50 don't they care??! Oh I'm 50 now - look at my life at this pivotal moment in my life story - what have I achieved - am I a failure??! As well as - I have gone through such a hard time these last 12months with family illness but my family has made no effort to come together to celebrate my birthday - why don't they care?? I am aware of my feelings generated by these thoughts - resentment, neediness, sadness but I can't be transparent to them. Is the best I can do today to just be aware of these thoughts and feelings - can you truly, one day, not let the thoughts generate these same feelings?

Webwanderer

Re: How to stay conscious and control my pain body with my 50th Birthday!

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Strawdog.

It's interesting your concern over not being thought of on your 50th birthday. I had a similar experience in my own life - on my 7th birthday. Watched my friends and neighbors of my age all get these great fun parties. Lots of gifts and games and decorations. I was really hyped when my day came around. What a shock. Next to nothing. No party. No fuss. Not even a cake. A small toy for a gift. Five minutes and it was over. That was it. I was devastated by how little I mattered to my parents. Cried myself to sleep in alternating sadness, emotional pain, and fits of anger. Haven't cared about my birthday since, and I'll be 70 this year.

Maybe I was luckier than you in that I was able to deal with my pain over that trauma so early in life. Good luck with yours.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday :P 🍰 🎂 🍹

WW