Location problems

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Sillyname32

Location problems

Post by Sillyname32 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:41 am

Hi thanks for being such a great helpful forum.
There is one thing I can’t stop thinking about really and it’s just that I don’t like where I live. I’ve moved so many times when I was younger that now that I have moved to this particular place and settled with children I can’t stop thinking about the place where I grew up and how much I don’t seem to fit in here! I don’t think it’s possible to move back as my partner is from here and has all his family here and we now have children etc. Iv made friends everywhere I go but here I can’t seem to make any! I must add that my dad moved here and I felt like I had too as he was very controlling at that point and I was incredibly damaged by him i didn’t feel like I had a choice. So now I feel like this area just isn’t home but that I have to be here. You guys always give really helpful insights so I’m welcoming some thoughts on my feelings I know they must seem a bit shallow but I’ve struggled with this a long time. Thanks :)

Sillyname32

Re: Location problems

Post by Sillyname32 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:43 am

Well what I mean in relation to Eckhart tolle is I try to be present around this but it feels like a much greater longing to be home rather than ego. But is it just my ego pretending that I have a ‘home’ when my home should be everywhere in presence?

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:49 am

Being ill at ease is an uncomfortable experience poster.

The thing with it though is that it's a choice, and wherever we are we can take it with us.

The experience of 'home' is also a choice - in our state of mind, by how we choose to interact and associate with things.

I love the notion that we cannot find a solution by using the same thought (energy) as the problem. So if we are in a state of ego - ET's thing - being in a state of making enemy, obstacle, or means to an end of a person, thing or situation - then we cannot in that same state find peace.

ET suggests in order to be conscious and apply our choices differently we need to be in a state of either acceptance - for this moment this is what is required of me and I willingly accept that, enjoyment - pouring joy into the moments - and this is absolutely a choice > have you ever been in a situation that ego could have a field day with, and instead embraced it, poured joy into it, laughed with it, made merry of it - even if just for a moment?

And then the wider journey / experience of enthusiasm (for our life)- wherein the journey is of awareness and gratitude and generosity in/for the moments, accepting that which we would not choose for our self but recognising that they are not permanent and how we experience them is our choice (making enemy, obstacle, means to an end or acceptance / pouring joy into them). In the next moment we can experience joy - if we choose.

Start small and impersonal in gratitude and generosity - the sky where you are is the same sky as where you might think you'd rather be - notice and appreciate cloud forms, skylines, stars, birds whatever, notice a flower or a tree or some any 'thing' and pour your love into it in a moment - it's a choice - it's easy to do, it's also easy not to.

The same with people - any distance or barrier between you is of your design.
We live moments. We only live in the moments. What we do with/in those moments is absolutely our choice. You are choosing to not like - no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience. If you want a different experience to the one that you're having - choose differently.

Namaste - if you like/choose - report back on something you chose differently about. It will not be anywhere but here, or in/from any time but now.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

turiya

Post by turiya » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:11 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:49 am
the sky where you are is the same sky as where you might think you'd rather be - notice and appreciate cloud forms, skylines, stars, birds whatever, notice a flower or a tree or some any 'thing' and pour your love into it in a moment - it's a choice - it's easy to do, it's also easy not to.
This is beautiful. :D
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei