Crying

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
phil

Post by phil » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:18 am

Ah, OK given your explanation, I can understand why you might not wish to mention the other forum.

I only know you from this forum, but from that experience, the thought of banning somebody as quiet as you just sounds comical.

I probably don't agree with you on some of those issues, but banning a vet's mom cause she wants to express herself?

Lots of different moderating styles out there I guess.

Thanks for offering an alternative.

JedEye

Post by JedEye » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:16 pm

once I woke up and felt sad and unhappy. the one thing I really wanted is to cry for myself. I had many ideas about what to do - being concious, feel that pain deeply, etc.- they were just thoughts which made me more unhappy.
I decided to cry and it took just couple seconds :) that was weird. The pain was gone.
no more words

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:00 am

Hi Jedeye,

Yes I have noticed this too, like Kiki spoke of his short grief period. When I practice what Tolle says to do, feel the painful emotion itself inside the body, without thought, the duration is surprisingly brief. I am used to long periods of crying and depression so initially I thought things like "there must be more in there". But no, there isn't, because the thought element that keeps things alive is missing.

I also like that when we feel our pain body emotions fully and burn through them, we are not adding to the collective pain body and burning through some of it.

:!:

Claudia

L. Bryson

Post by L. Bryson » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Still working my way through all the posts. This thread has much meaning for me also. Yep, the " big girls don't cry " thing.... that was me for about a thousand years! It is amazing how whatever emotions show up evaporate so quickly when we just " feel " our way through them. Also..

once heard the saying " you have to cry for youself, before you can cry for anyone else. " I embrace this one 100 percent! Often when we feel sadness, anger, etc. " out there " ( the media's great for this ) it is our own unrecognized pain showing up. Once I began to treat myself with more compassion I found my compassion for everything else multiplying.

L.
L. Bryson

summer

Post by summer » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:55 am

I love it, L. Bryson :)
Once I began to treat myself with more compassion I found my compassion for everything else multiplying.