Master Mentality

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
PeterK

Master Mentality

Post by PeterK » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Nietzsche research on the history of religion suggests that the slaves ( old testament ) or the peasants developed a mentality opposite to their masters, an another world theory. Possessions are evil. The other world will be great...

Does anyone think that there is another world?

Does anyone engage in meaningful conversations or is life flooded with idle chit chat?

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:07 pm

I find meaningful conversation difficult here. :roll:

weichen

parallel universe

Post by weichen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:33 pm

Does anyone think that there is another world?
Hi, PeterK, this question could be treated as one of the most profound questions.

1. yes, there are several billions of different worlds, each is called a "parallel universe" due to different mind projection (including different usage of technology-based sensors and displaying methods by each human being).

2. No. Billions of parallel universes may converge toward ONE (as human being's minds quiets down to no mind and open up to the same everlasting and invulnerable ONE life, and view everything from the same pure awareness standpoint)

phil

Re: Master Mentality

Post by phil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:34 pm

PeterK wrote:Does anyone think that there is another world?
Hmm. Dunno. My instinct says it's all one reality, but there are parts of it we human beings don't have the equipment to see.

As example, our eyes can't see gamma rays, but they are there nonetheless. We can't smell all the things sharks can smell, but those smells exist anyway. We can't hear everything dogs can hear, but those sounds are there just the same.

The part where it gets tricky seems to be that we have trouble realizing our brains are limited in the same way. Yes, we're smarter than snails and ducks, but still there is a limit.

Who knows what is beyond those limits? Undoubtably something. And it's real, just not real to us.
PeterK wrote:Does anyone engage in meaningful conversations or is life flooded with idle chit chat?
Here's a good opportunity to thank all of you for the meaningful conversations we've shared.

I use the label "meaningful" with some caution, but still, at least more fun than the endless details of the mechanics of daily life that is so often the topic of polite conversations.

PeterK

Post by PeterK » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:07 am

In regards to the afterlife, or the other worldly. I will deal with it when I get there, as I like to deal with this one during my stay.

Preparation is futile as the world knowledge on the subject is so divided.

To contemplate about the other worldly is definitly living in a distant future with a very sketchy notion of what it is.

Perhaps even we are allready there. The limited time is a way of motivating everyone into some acomplishment.