A Guide for the Spiritual Teacher & Health Practitioner

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

A Guide for the Spiritual Teacher & Health Practitioner

Postby BillyPLed » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:14 am

I have been wondering if any of you have the video, dvd or cd of the series called "A Guide for the Spiritual Teacher & Health Practitioner." I am a social worker who works as a primary counselor in an in-patient substance abuse center. I am also working towards starting my own private practice as a psychotherapist. I am wondering if this would be useful for me. I am not sure what the title is referring to by "Health Practitioner." That could mean nurses and doctors. Does it also refer to those in the mental health field? I am sure it will be useful for me no matter what. I guess I am just wondering if any of you have this and what you think about it.

Thanks for any response.
Billy in Lousiana
BillyPLed

Postby heidi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi Billy - No I don't have the video, but I think when they say Health Practitioner, they can mean anyone whose business is in helping people regain or maintain health (physical/mental/spiritual) such as a reiki practitioner or cranial/sacral therapist, accupuncturist, homoeopath and all those holistic types to regular doctors and shrinks. :) Ones health truly is an energetic/spiritual matter as much as the physical or mental manifestation of health or disease. I see a cranialsacral guy, and it's both a spiritual and physically healing. Most disease is just that, an imbalance or blocking of life force, spiritual energy that manifests itself in the body.

I teach an art class called Art as a Verb, and it truly does help people release judgement and ego stuff and heal them in surprising ways, and in that regard, I'm a health practitioner, too :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby AndyD » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:38 pm

Hi Billy,

One of my friends, a health practicioner, has this and says that it is not just for health practicioners and is going to lend me it.

As a matter of fact your post has reminded me to remind her - so thanks.

If you wish I can post more on it after I get it.

Andy
AndyD

Postby BillyPLed » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:33 am

I teach an art class called Art as a Verb, and it truly does help people release judgement and ego stuff and heal them in surprising ways, and in that regard, I'm a health practitioner, too

I agree with all that you say about what constitutes a "health practitioner." I am trying to incorporate more artwork into my practice as well. I just recently had a client do two collages -- one of his life in addiction (his past) and one of his life in recovery (his future). He is going to share his work with the group this week. I can not wait to hear what he has to say about it. I already looked at it and I am impressed with what I see.

I am sure that I will be getting this video as soon as I have some extra money. I have always incorporated spirituality into my practice (that is easy to do in a substance abuse clinic since AA is so much a part of it and is a spiritual program). I feel that this video will give me some good ideas on how to do that even more.

I just re-read my last post and noticed how I used the word "useful" a few times regarding this video. That word does not seem to capture what I wanted to say. It seems too "practical" and makes it sound like practicing the "power of now" is some new thing to add to your tool belt. I actually see it as so much more than that. I find that the human language is so limiting to me! But, I think you all know what I am trying to say.

And Andy, I would love to hear what you think about the series.
Billy in Lousiana
BillyPLed

Postby AndyD » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi Billy,

I spoke to my friend about the content and I got the impression it was on par with the rest of his material (we both attend a group where we watch Eckhart's videos and DVDs). She said that when she first watching it she wondered where the stuff for Spiritual Teacher & Health Practitioner's would come in then only afterwards realised it was because a lot of the material was about listening to others - and that's a good thing for anyone to do correctly.

Hope this is of some help (even if its mostly second hand).

Andy
AndyD

Return to Questions