PAIN-BODY

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

PAIN-BODY

Postby Nasir » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:01 pm

hello friends its me nasir again i thought id post a new post as it is different topic to my last question. Getting beyond the mind is the hardest obstacle as tolle sais himself but with emotions i have great pain ranging from anger to guilt to regret to loneliness to sadness but what ive realized is all my thought patterns are worrying thoughts. Since yesterday ive been in this state of mind or presence where im relaxed and mellowed out and ive got this shadow or monkey on my back which is worry. its not causing me anxiety as my thoughts or ego seem to be handcuffed. but its just me and this shadow.now my question is can worry be my pain body or is it caused by all my other pain?
yours sincerely Nas
Nasir

Postby lakeswimr » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:11 am

I don't know but does it really matter? If you keep practicing observing your inner state and your thoughts then this would be the same whether it was officially pain body or something else. I would tend to guess it is pain body, by the way.

Allow and observe as much as you can.

I am thinking suddenly that worry is a sign that pain body is active. I think it covers up something else deeper usually. If Sue from TPON is around I bet she can say more on this.

Hang in there! I have a lot less pain body now than 2 years ago through observing. I had a really dense pain body 2 years ago.
lakeswimr

Postby kiki » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:06 pm

Hi Nasir, and welcome.

lakeswmr's response is right on - whatever is there observe it. No need to label it as "pain body" or anything else. You in reality are the awareness in which everything else arises. That awareness can never be touched or harmed in any way by anything which arises within You/ awareness. Therefore, is there a "need" to label it? Is there any "need" to "do" anything with it other than see it? Seeing it/ observing it - that's it! Nothing else is required. This is so simple that the ego tends to want to "do" more - don't fall for that trick.
kiki

Postby Nasir » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:48 am

i have to thankyou for your spot on answers. It really is Easyy!!! Ive been wasting so much energy on trying to fight my thoughts and emotions when actually I have to let it all be and just watch it. Im feeling this inner joy it's amazing. My mum saw me laugh for the first time in agessss. Im feeling the physical effects tooo. All my back aches are dissolving and all the other effects of anxiety. im only 23 but if Ive been like this from an early stage in child hood can any of my physical effects like stiffen muscles back pain etc be permanent? or will my body repair from the energy of being as i intensify my presence more and more each day and disidentify from my mind more and more each day. Ill also tell yous something i find amazing and funny Ive already started going bald and everytime in the shower hair comes out of my head onto my hand when i shampoo my hair but since ive been feeling this inner joy higer allertness and relaxation i had a shower today and no hair came out i was pulling my hairrrr and nothing came out. hehehe i find it amazing.
yours sincerely. Nas
Nasir

Postby spatialbean » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:32 am

Hi Nasir,

I am happy you are feeling better.

I wanted to ask you if you have had a thorough physical exam lately, with blood tests? The reason I ask is that when I was in my early 20s I got very sick with thyroid disease, which causes your hair to fall out and your thoughts to race if your thyroid is too high. It causes nervousness and fatigue and muscle aches, pains and muscle cramps.

Thyroid disease can be mistaken for bipolar, and if it is too low, you can get depressed as well. It is very easy to treat.

Just something you might want to check out.

Best wishes,
Claudia
spatialbean

Postby Nasir » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:45 pm

Ill go check it out Claudia but I think it is from stress because im getting white hairs too unless thyroid causes that too? I went and got a few oppinions like you told me to i think it was you and in total i saw 3 different doctors and they all said different stuff. One said I have anxiety disorder the other said depression and the other bi polar but Ill tell you what Claudia these last few days I ve been feeling like i havent in years and I think im on my way to seeing the light again. Ive learnt how to not identify with my mind and i am slowly dissolving my thoughts and im feeling energy within my body and joy which is a feeling i sooo miss. I read an article on seretonin and the doctors told me i have low seretonin levels. this article i read said the way you think effects your seretonin levels so if you use your own mind like practising the power of now you can actually make your seretonin levels go up yourself. In the state of presence im in now i truly believe all my white hair, losing hair, stiffened muscles and back pain is all from anxiety and the dilusion and insanity Ive been living for the last 6 years. Ive come into a higer consiesness in the last 3 days and already my physical symptoms have disolved somewat. Claudia i dont know if you know about what im going to ask you but its just popped into my head.3 years back I was praying at a really stressfull time and i closed my eyes lied on my bed and kept praying praying and then i saw and felt this light hit me at the same time. The vision was a mans face in a gold light, like a burning sun with eyes and a mouth and it just hit me in half a second and my body twitched and i had a feeling of been reborn but that feeling lasted that day and then i was with my tormenting mind again. When I started reading Tolles book it sounded similar to wat happend to him but his lasted. Anyway if you anything to say about that or if not its the past hehe.
yours sincerely
love NAs
Nasir

Postby spatialbean » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:47 pm

Well Nasir I am really glad you are feeling so much better!

I don't know what your past experience with the vision means except that sometimes I think when we desire to grow spiritually we get hints about the goal, what we potentially can feel all the time, so then we can aim for that.

Honestly though, I don't know, and that is part of our aim, to be in that state of not knowing, child's mind, innocent, curious, exploring and finding wonder all around us. So maybe don't worry about defining it.

You are doing great!

Love,
Claudia
spatialbean

Return to Questions