What role does shedding tears have in the Now?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
blueviceroy

Re: What role does shedding tears have in the Now?

Post by blueviceroy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:40 am

For me the tears are there when I feel a profound conection with this existence , when I'm truly empathising with the knowledge that this world is full of people that are living an existence devoid of love and have no experience with the greater reality.
When I feel a great love in me I'll just bubble up huge sobs of relief.
Thankfully I tend to pull my love out and experience it fully when I'm not distracted by the world , it just works out that way because i'm focusing intently on existing ,on being , and I'll imagine the sweetest purest love , the kind you can only find inside yourself . it just pulls the pain out , pulls out all the ego . all the garbage thoughts ,and leaves me free.

http://members.shaw.ca/yofrizb

This link kinda sums up my experience with love . :)

tikey

Post by tikey » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:18 pm

when we will be enlightened we will not cry anymore
Im just a cloudless sky :)

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:17 pm

tikey wrote:when we will be enlightened we will not cry anymore
Do you know that for a fact?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:10 pm

when we will be enlightened we will not cry anymore
When enlightened tears will come, and then they will go, just like everything else. Nothing is held back, nothing is held on to.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

seekerjon

Post by seekerjon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am

I have these moments and they occur maybe once a day sometimes every couple of days, that i have a worry or feel some sadness and I feel my whole face get like this pressure I can feel it behind my eyes and everything, I feel like I am just going to break down and cry and I go right into this feeling I feel the pressure in my temples and everything, but I never wind up crying. Then I get nervous or scared and think am I repressing this how come I cannot cry, then after awhile the pressure goes away.

mmy

Post by mmy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 am

I have been having questions about crying so I dug up this helpful post but also want to comment. I cry when emotional. It could be when I’m sad, hurt, etc. Also I will cry when hearing about someone helping someone or vice versa - someone hurting someone. I cry sometimes during meditation or yoga. I can cry at work – if I’m overwhelemed or if someone is incredibly kind to me. I can hear Eckhart or Gangaji speak and here comes the tears. I know tears are a release from a physiological point. That being said, I have cried lately sensing presence. This is not exactly new to me, prior to awakening I always felt a connection to trees and nature and could well up quite easily. Someone in this post mentioned about the isness of now and maybe that’s it.

I tried something today that I heard Eckhart speak about – going to a grocery store and being present – picking stuff, looking at it, going to the next item, being totally there. So I am looking at the broccoli and really looked at it, I didn’t label it, look at the price, or project what I’d cook with it, just looked at it with intense presence. In trying to write about this it seems futile but the sense I had of my own presence sent me almost to tears. I sort of want to delete all this writing because I can’t really describe this with words. The lingering thoughts I have is how if I tried to describe this to most people they would look at me strangely, laugh nervously, and probably change the subject. But if I had told them how I saw someone in the store frantically hurrying around buying things and rushing to the check out this would be considered “normal” and possibly talked about.

I guess this sort of ties in with paradoxes and the human condition. Tears come and go but the stillness is always there.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:17 am

The Zen people use the word "suchness" - and it can bring tears to a linebacker. The body responds in wonderful ways to profound truth. As the I Ching says: no blame.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 am

Interesting, since I posted my last reply whatever it was that was holding me back from crying has unravelled

Now, pretty much every time I'm driving and singing along to Onerepublic - Apologise, tears start running down my face, it gets me pretty much every time

Inner body awareness helps to let the sadness go, otherwise the tendency is to try to hang on and wallow in it
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Empathy, recognition, being open to Being, all bring tears, the body saying "unfasten this belt its too tight!" that brings tears! For myself I would say MOST of my tears come from Love. Take it as you will, I just cant explain ok.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm

MOST of my tears come from Love
If gratitude is a part of Love, then so do mine...

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

peleke4

Post by peleke4 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:18 pm

there were several instances when tears would just start flowing. i always thought it was because of great beauty and wonder that surrounded me; something i've been blind to for so long. i read something intersting recently from ram dass. he said it was the "awakening of the kundalini, the energy that resides in the pscyhic tube in the spine known as the shushumna." He said that tears is a symptom that occurs when kundalini awakens. I have no idea what the hell he's talking about

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 am

Here is a thread on kundalini: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ini#p34572

There is much more on the web. It has a lot of power and energy.

Namaste, Andy

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 pm

I suppose there are several kinds of crying. Some cry to get attention (children), some cry because they are emotional (sad, angry, hurt), some cry because they are touched (like watching a good movie). But there is a type of crying where it just happens. This I have experienced in meditation several times:-

~ Dec 26, 2004 : I was meditating for those who perished when total dead was announced at 2000. In my meditation, I had a vision of Kuan Yin and then tears just started to roll down uncontrollably. I stayed in meditation in tears for a while until I came back. Several days later, the total dead just rose and rose to 40000, 80000, 100000, 120000, 160000... No one would have thought that the earthquake and the tsunami after that would have taken so many lives.

~ Oct 21, 2008 : I was on my knees paying respect in a small Kuan Yin temple in Putuo-shan, China (after visiting some 8 temples on the island on Day 3). I went into meditation and observed the energy in the temple. There were many people there. Suddenly I started to cry. It started with some tears rolling down and then floodgates opened. I was sobbing. Some of my friends watched me in amazement. My uncle who was with me told them that I have a special connection with Kuan Yin. When I came out of it, I felt harmonized, total. I felt refreshed.

So shedding tears is a learning for me.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.