It's pioneer stuff !

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Seancho

Post by Seancho » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:27 am

I think you do begin to know, little by little. Clues start appearing that lead to the conclusion that something isnt quite right.

The big one is....why does this same problem keep appearing in my life? Time after time. As if Im a tragic figure in some kind of opera.

Or, why do I keep making that mistake, over and over. I keep putting myself in the same painful situation.

Eventually we get the message. Im missing something, avoiding something. And that something is running my life.

Bang your head against the wall long enough, and no matter why you are doing it, you get sick of the headaches and you stop.

Our whole thinking and acting mechanism is conditioned, robotic. So if we try to solve the problem of our accumulated unhappiness with the mind, we just get more of the same. The mind cant fix itself. The conditioned mind can only act in the way that it has been programmed to act.

The person we think we are is not really a person, but a machine.

When the conditioned mind finally gets the futility of its position, it gives up. We give up believing we are the mind. Whats left is of a different nature. We recognize ourselves as the unconditioned.

Until that happens, we are trapped in the past. Robotic and asleep.

It sounds kind of grim, but look at it. Seeing yourself asleep is but one small step from waking up. The one that sees the sleeper is awake.
Last edited by Seancho on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:22 pm

Very well said IMO, Seancho. :)

devu

Agree or disagree?

Post by devu » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:32 am

Hi,

I really do not understand why I am seeing more posts in even a forum like this with so much of a wrangling tone.

Dev

devu

Oh!

Post by devu » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:58 pm

Well, I have joined this forum just a few days back and now only I am having a look at more sections of this forum and I feel the above mentioned "wrangling" seems to be one of the features of this place.

So the best thing, I guess, is like what my parents have taught me....try to get the best of whatever that is there, and the other things, just stay back and watch ... :))

Dev

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:08 pm

devu wrote:Well, I have joined this forum just a few days back and now only I am having a look at more sections of this forum and I feel the above mentioned "wrangling" seems to be one of the features of this place.

So the best thing, I guess, is like what my parents have taught me....try to get the best of whatever that is there, and the other things, just stay back and watch ...
Yes devu, you are correct. Expectations of a forum repleat with fully realized beings is bound to be a path to disappointment. There are nearly 1000 members, of all sorts of backrounds, carrying all sorts of baggage. Some offer very good pointers, while others could rest in a bit longer in clarity. Many, like you, are new to Tolle's teachings, and are seeking greater understanding from those who are clearer in presence-awareness. But anyone can answer anothers posts. So it is in one's best interest to expect nothing but possibilities when asking questions.

Most of our members are genuinely seeking, and offering, truth in their posts. But just as you have certain issues you are working through, so to is that true of everyone here. The issues are likely different from member to member, but no less distracting from that clear presence we all seek. One thing is certain, and that is we all speak from our own experience. And, as we are a world wide community our backrounds can vary dramatically. That being said, it is not supprising that we "wrangle" from time to time. The ego mind does not disappear simply because we read a Tolle book and sign onto this forum.

Here there is an opportunity to practice patience and tollerance of anothers viewpoint that, although it may be different, at least has the same basic goal of genuine understanding of being. The advice we give to each other is indeed sometimes off target. So it is wise to remember that when seeking advise or pointers, that each of us is responsible to our own experience for what we accept as useful. It is equally true that each of us is responsible for what offends us.

Take what you can from the posters here that enhances your clarity of being, and disregard the rest. If one fights with what feels like bad advise, or insensitive comments, it will only distract from what is valuable on yet another post. Recognise that while that which offends us may be off base to our quest for clarity, it has also exposed an issue worth addressing.

Come with a light heart and broad parameters, and live in the resposibility for your own experience. To the degree we accept responsibility for our own experience we gain the power to free ourselves from that which torments us.

eseward

Post by eseward » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Webwanderer wrote:To the degree we accept responsibility for our own experience we gain the power to free ourselves from that which torments us.
Beautiful IMO. :)

phoggy

Post by phoggy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:26 pm

I just LOVE your response Web! Very eloquent.

-Silvia-