How can I use POW to fight anxiety in meeting new people

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:29 am

Hello group,
I really appreciate your input, I found a great link from Anthony de mello that had great insights into this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=5

at the 10:30 Minute mark on this video he talks about we were given a drug as children and it was the drug of approval, appreciation, praise, success, acceptance, popularity once you took the drug society could control you.

Its very helpfull.
When you awake it will be your biggest regret.

payal

Post by payal » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 am

hi tht video was beautiful

suraj

Post by suraj » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 am

I guess his book 'Awareness' is a verbatim collection of his New York lectures which were video recorded.
I AM

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Its a radical perspective he's suggesting. Look within and remove all investment in the opinions of other people. Or self-opinions for that matter. Give up the desire to be liked, admired, accepted, approved of, wanted. Throw out the whole notion of self-esteem or pride. Give up the desire for what most people call 'love.' Give up the addiction.

When you dont need pride, there is nothing to be ashamed of. When we dont need any of that to be happy then there is nothing to be unhappy about. And what is happiness other than the absence of unhappiness?

When you dont need to be 'given' love, love is yours to give.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?