Do you know anything?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
goatboy

Do you know anything?

Post by goatboy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Do you 'feel' that you know anything?

locksmith

"Do I know anything?"

Post by locksmith » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:13 am

Hi

In response to your question about "knowing," I must say that I feel (what I call for lack of a better word) a "tacit" understanding deep, deep within. When I read or experience something that becomes an "ah-ha" experience for me, or something that resonates, I quickly realize that it is something I already knew, and that in reality, I am only remembering. Make any sense?

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:48 pm

yes it makes sense, its not a knowing as in knowing maths,
more a feeling

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Do you mean intuition? Intuition is particularly strong after part of painbody is transformed, you get insights about a situation, you can also ask your body questions that will be answered through intuition. Like "what is the best thing to do?". Yet another reason to finally, finally let that event be and stop with emotional clinging to a situation!

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Well said IMO, BrahmanEternal. Matches my experience.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:50 pm

I learned this by doing emotional excercises on emoclear.com , Steve Mensing author of this excercises teaches basically the same thing as Tolle, (dont they all teach the same lol, after years of self help adventures i find this to be essential teaching of all self help teachings) with exception that he puts some more value on the little me and says it should be nurtured to a degree. He combines various eastern and western self help teachings into creative emotional drills, including NLP, ericsonian techniques, in short a person who dedicated his life to self help shares his teachings with compassion which equals some really good stuff, not a paid commercial lol, its all free maybe it shouldnt be then people would value it more.