NOW WHAT! POW as another deep mind concept.

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
as.it.is

NOW WHAT! POW as another deep mind concept.

Post by as.it.is » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:16 am

ET gives us pointers from his experience not really describing fully what the depth of our being is, he will usually hit a wall saying
(the mind can't understand that)

I usually practice stillness and I experience it. it works well when I allow the moment to be what is :?
it's sometimes good :D and it's sometimes bad :( , whatever arises I allow it with no resistance.

My experience has been when I experience stillness nothing happens, I feel my inner body but do not feel anything else other than that, even after I dropped all expectations.

What usually arises is the expectation for something to arise from the depths of being but nothing happens.
:roll:
Also skepticism arises :roll:

Could it be that the POW is another very influent mind concept :?:
Are all of us in this forum destine to be spiritual teachers :?:

I say thanks for the internet and ET and this time and space for us to be here constantly practicing this , what's the calling?
Thanks group.
When you awake it will be your biggest regret.

weichen

Post by weichen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:04 pm

My experience has been when I experience stillness nothing happens, I feel my inner body but do not feel anything else other than that, even after I dropped all expectations.

What usually arises is the expectation for something to arise from the depths of being but nothing happens.

Hi, as.it.is

Due to enlightenment, some projects are abandoned (such as buy a house bigger than my brother to impress my parents), in that sense, not only stillness brings nothing (no more form), stillness actually get rid of a lot of junk. Enlightened people need very little material stuff (a shelter, basic food and clothes, that's it!).

When the bulk of junk are gone, the remaining projects (serve humanity) automatically receive more energy
(1) you can use logical mind to think on the projects
(2) you can switch back to stillness to let all voices in your head to think on the projects
(3) take actions

Something is bound to emerge

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:04 pm

I think what's not happening is your expectations of something happening. If you're looking for some cosmic consciousness event you may disappointment and creaping skepticism.

The truth is, something is always happening. What ever it is, accept that. Expectations are ego traps. If you have expectations, find the space around them, and experience them fully as what they are. I find expectations to be enticements of mind to make one feel special, and special is separate from that which is not special.

How would it be if you became enlightened, Tolle level enlightened, Bhudda level enligntened, and no one ever listened to a word you said? If you are not okay with that, maybe there's yet some greater understanding to be gained.
Could it be that the POW is another very influent mind concept?
Are all of us in this forum destine to be spiritual teachers?
Power of Now is a concept. All statements and ideas are concepts. The Tao Te Ching states from the beginging that any Tao that can be written is not the true Tao. The message of course is that Genuine Truth is known in direct awareness, not discriptions and pointers to that awareness.

As to all of us becoming teachers, who knows? The future is only an imagination in any case. What is real is ones presence in this moment. The quality and depth of that presence effects all that is contained within that moment. Become ever clearer within the present moment and that clarity radiates throughout. Light one candle in the darkness and the darkness is changed.

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:13 pm

as.it.is wrote:My experience has been when I experience stillness nothing happens, I feel my inner body but do not feel anything else other than that, even after I dropped all expectations.

You are still stuck in "expectation mode" that something should be happening - you are identified with the ego which always wants things just so; it is the ego only which expects. Have you looked for the ego to see if it's actually real?

This is really about knowing what you are, that which witnesses everything, even expectation. "Knowing" doesn't mean intellectual understanding, but rather, the direct seeing/realization that you are the underlying awareness of it all. If it's simply intellectual understanding then all of this just exists as a concept and you'll remain trapped within the mind/ego- hence, your skepticism.

Portals are designed to disengage from mental identification, to allow you the room to realize that "you" are something other than what appears in the mind or in the body. Who are you when the mind is quiet; who are you when awareness is resting on the inner body? What notices the quiet mind, what notices the inner body? That's what you are. Remain there for some time and not be so eager to see what is to be "gained" by all of this.

weichen

Post by weichen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:38 pm

I like ww and kiki's posts. Expectation is probably getting in the way.

If you take 1000 jumpshots and could not make one single basket, there is probably something very very wrong with the way you shoot the basketball, maybe the ball is the wrong size that will never fit into the basket :)

In my experience, stillness will often be followed by some nice form (insights, good solutions etc). So I can usually make a few hundreds of baskets if I take 1000 shots. I can expect that kind of percentage.

Whether surprising insights (good solution) come after stillness gap may have a lot to do with the speicifc life situation rather than how you practice the stillness. However, different portals may also be somewhat different.

Inhabiting the inner body has a flavor of diversion (suppression, running away from thinking, runing away from pain), IMO it is not as good as "it is as it should be" from the perspective of gaining deep insights.

as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:51 am

:wink: thank you group, you always deliver much appreciated.
When you awake it will be your biggest regret.

eve

Post by eve » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:04 am

I am wondering if, when you refer to The Power of Now, that you expect the Power to have some influence over the future - hence your expectations. And so you are left waiting for something to happen, and when all you feel is your inner body, skepticism sets in. But who can deny Now? It is all there is, in whatever form it takes (including the not very interesting, which may include the feeling of your inner body) This will date me, but I am thinking about Peggy Lee's song "Is That All There Is?" Well, I guess so. Now is all there is. In all its forms.