Sex

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 am

Hey come on if you guys have a latin american standoff on posting I will be the only one here yapping and I bore myself to tears!

Everyone else has to post and keep me company if these two shut up.

Hmph,
Claudia

Katiebug

Post by Katiebug » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:39 am

Ok Claudia, Ill join in if you dont mind.

Ive wondered about this subject. There are many reasons why a person would not have sex with every one he/she wants to. There are times when living in the Now involves using things you have learned. Learning involves morals, spirituality, not wanting diseases, pregnancies, and so on. We would all have the minds of babies if we did not learn. Imagine if we were taught the power of now as children but were not allowed to learn new things along the way.

Enjoying the moment doesnt necessarily mean forget that you are in a relationship....you are indeed "IN" it, or to forget that you want to please God by not sleeping with someone NOW. We are not numbed by the now.

By the way, everyone keeps talking about Tolle as a master or not. What the heck does everyone consider a master. Master just sounds like a negative word to me. Tolle is a person just like you and me who is enlightened and spreads the word. Im not saying he is not wonderful, because he is, but master just makes me feel like we are little followers to a greater being. I like the word teacher more.

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 am

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your answer.

Just for clarification, when we say "master" we aren't talking about a master and slaves, we are talking about someone who has attained a level of understanding of how things work that the rest of us haven't gotten to yet. For example, we can say that Jesus the Christ was a master, and he was called that by his disciples. Buddha was a master. Eckhart, in my opinion, is a master. We are all masters in truth, we just have to wake up to it.

For me the jury is still out on the whole right/wrong issue. Not just because of Tolle's teachings but because of personal experience with things that I deemed very wrong and very bad in my life. They turned out to be the best things that ever happened to me, I just didn't know it at the time. I labeled them too early. I could have saved myself a lot of suffering by just sitting with things to see where they were going. And this is something Tolle backs up and speaks about often. But I didn't really mean to go into the whole issue of sex outside of a relationship, that's why I added my question at the end about commitment free people. :D

Be sure to post in this thread or elsewhere if Lisa and Phil continue their moratorium on posting. :)

Love,
Claudia

Egoicmidget

Post by Egoicmidget » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:59 pm

So it is the problems with words :)
To my own personal understanding is Tolle rejects being called anything like that.

In fact he mentioned a relegion formed about himself and the whole duality thing Us vs. Them starts all over again. The very problem enlightenment seeks to solve.

And really isn't it intersting the subtle comparison and how it can queitly enter into our dicussion here?

When we say "master" what mental images occur?

Or as Tolle mentions briefly the word "God" we automatically start making up the story in our imaginations, myself, OK God---White beard , glowing presence and by our nature to compare we want to become what we are not, so master is a term I think Tolle would shun and in fact call egoic.
That would only be a guess my opinion. Who am I to say what he would think. (Ok, mini me cool it LOL)

We've even compared(judged, labeled) or choose your own word.
To encapsulate the genders into "seperate" beings.

If we are all one what is in us that assesses our beings in this fashion?Isn't the egos function to want more, more , more and find something to fight about with others and isn't this why we are here?

To find ways of liberating our egoic selves?

These are rhetorical questions.

Fire away with your opinions but just examine where within you they are coming from.

( Mini-me I wont tell you again!) My ego needs to be taken to the wood shed for that comment.

For myself I cronically struggle with staying in the now so label me
"unenlightened".
Funny I feel no turmoil inside about being that.

I could never take the weight of feeling as though I was "enlightened".

Yet another word to describe or point at as a mystic symbol.

The ego thinks it's enlightened! Talk about an ego expansion all illusory of course.
What a paradox! I would love comments on that energy.

We would have the others(lol)saying it isn't so anyway, once again
the duality running roughshod. Then the ego plays games with itself.
In fact it plays one of it's favorites to parapharse Tolle.
Am I more spirtual than he or is he more spirtual than I?

The enlightened vs. the unenlightened so can any one help me to understand the dilema?

Someone pull the thread back on track, sorry :D

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:55 pm

It is all a love contest.

And I never lose.

Hafiz

Clare

Post by Clare » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:56 pm

Have not read the thread. Just clocked on here and saw this thread. Started 29th...?. Subject: S.E.X.

Posts? Already 34

:lol: :shock: 8)

It's a fascinating subject, yes? :wink:

Needless to say, no significant contribution to make, only the smile :)

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:11 am

Back t the subject and Clare's smile.
I laugh after sex.

So, let's talk about what's going on in your mind, pre and during.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Lmosrie

Sex!

Post by Lmosrie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:22 pm

Well, no one has posted on this subject in a while, but my experience so far since I began practicing prescence--not that I have much--is that sexual feelings are like any other emotion and the mind has the capacity to cloud it with "need" for fulfillment. I once read that true window shopping is being able to appreciate the beauty of an object without the need to own it. I think of sexual attraction that way now. I can appreciate a man's attractiveness and my own physical reaction and be present in it, but I don't have to hunt him down and possess him...esp. since I'm married.

My sex life in my marriage, however, is a whole other thing. I watch my pain body get involved through resentment or past confusion which brings so much baggage with it. Working on becoming more present regarding my marriage. Anyone else?

Louise[/list]
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
-- Diane Ackerman

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:19 pm

being able to appreciate the beauty of an object without the need to own it. I think of sexual attraction that way now. I can appreciate a man's attractiveness and my own physical reaction and be present in it, but I don't have to hunt him down and possess him...esp. since I'm married.
Just because you've ordered doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. :lol:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave