Half aware

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
spikyface

Half aware

Post by spikyface » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi

I've gotten reasonably good at clearing my mind at will, i.e. there are no thoughts in there, I am just in the moment

However, it's more like I'm half-sleep than fully aware
I'm not really any more present, just have an empty mind

I just accept the situation as it is and carry on with whatever I'm doing without judgement but it doesn't feel quite right

Any tips/advice?

Seancho

Re: Half aware

Post by Seancho » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm

spikyface wrote:I just accept the situation as it is and carry on with whatever I'm doing without judgement but it doesn't feel quite right
:) Re-read that sentence a couple times.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

spikyface

I see

Post by spikyface » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 pm

half acceptance = half awareness

makes sense

Thanks man

weichen

Post by weichen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi, spikyface

Within the half acceptance and half awareness, one half is called practical time, the other half is called psychological time.

Any tough life challenges always has these two halfs.

1. practical half
It means that you know very well that there are many actions (big or little) that you can do which may completely solve the challenge or at least make it much milder.
Why wait, take these actions NOW: call up the experts in this field, make an appointment for this afternoon. Post question on the forum, buy that product (or service), throw away that junk (which takes the space), say I love you to your partner, say no to distraction, cancel unimportant scheduled events, .........

2. psychological half
I just accept the situation as it is and carry on with whatever I'm doing without judgement and it will feel fine.

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:32 pm

Yeah, thats good. It seems acceptance and awareness are the same.

More awareness and acceptance just gets deeper. More acceptance and awareness grows.

Acceptance, awareness, allowing, surrender, releasing, relaxing, stillness, presence, spaciousness, consciousness, love.

All the same, no?
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:11 pm

This is probably the best way of describing the state:

Those seven days were of tremendous transformation, total transformation. And the last day the presence of a totally new energy, a new light and new delight, became so intense that it was almost unbearable -- as if I was exploding, as if I was going mad with blissfulness. The new generation in the West has the right word for it -- I was blissed out, stoned.
-Osho
http://www.realization.org/page/doc0/doc0015.htm

It's more like being stoned than anything else, which felt wrong compared to the way Tolle describes it

There's nothing really wrong with it, just judgement creeps in every now and again
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

no won

Post by no won » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:27 am

Oh the mind again, Half aware is a bit like saying half pregnant, lol

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Nope, it's like saying; everything feels great but I almost got run over by a bus because I wasn't paying attention
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

no won

Post by no won » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:26 pm

I almost got run over by a bus
Seems to me awareness is paying attention even if you were not.

Where is the problem unless you add to what nearly didn't happen.

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm

that was just an example

never mind, it's not something that needed an answer to begin with, I was just describing the state to finish off the thread