Religions!!!

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Sandis

Religions!!!

Post by Sandis » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:45 am

Hi all....

Religion...Catolicism is wery popular in my country...and ofcourse ather ones...my brother and my oldest sister are Catolics...

How to talk to somebody in a religion about the real trus....Its clear to me that my family members and loads of there friens are playing some stupid roles...happy on surfice hiding somthing behind that happyness....

They relate to God as some dude in the sky...who will help them...

What to do...I see my relatives looking for what I have found...they read Bibels and talk about God and i HAVE this strong feeling that they belive in somthing that they dont understand...I meen how it works...I knew all my life God is somthing ather then just a dude with a bierd...It tuck me more then 8 years to find explanation like Eckarts one...and when you find iit...you know its true...

Should I just let it be...or eventually they will see the difference in me and start asking and then reply???!!!
I see you bud...I finaly see you!!!

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:49 pm

Well, you can't force anyone to wake up - they must get to the point where they are willing to look beyond what's already been explored, be willing to let go of cherished beliefs. That's a hard one to accept. You can plant seeds in them but you can't really do much more, other than be what you are and let that be their introduction. When you are awake they will sense something and perhaps comment to you about how you are viewing things; that is the time to plant seeds.

If you challenge them to drop their religious beliefs you may force them to cling more tightly onto what they are already doing because so much of their identity is dependent on that. Letting go of that last shard of belief is a mighty scary thing to the ego. When you see they are willing to be open and to question things then they are ripe for more direct guidance.

I was raised Catholic, so there was a lot of stuff I had to work through, which I did even before coming across ET. Most of my family is, too. I have one brother-in-law who questions things but is too afraid to take the next step, so I don't push things.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 pm

Kiki offers sage advice. Who are you to tell them their religion is wrong? If you know a better way to Truth, then live that truth amongst them. Be the living example of the knowledge you would share. And it is not a demonstration like a peacock displaying it's plumage, ie. look at me. It's a genuine presence of who you are, that loves and accepts others for who they are, even though they may live in concepts of fear and separation.

Those who have lived a lifetime with a strong belief in religious dogmas are not likely to relinquish them on anothers word that they are wrong. All the worlds great religions have a thread of truth that runs through them. For one so attached to their religion, awakening will more likely be gained by moving through and beyond that religion than by rejecting it.

Learn to recognize the fundamental truths that run through all religions. It is in these basic truths that one attached to to scriptures may gain clarity beyond the structure of the church. It is in these scriptual pointers that discussions may be held, that could eventually bear the fruit of awakening. Never be forceful, you cannot change another. Everyone must find their own way.

Sandis

Post by Sandis » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Thank you all...I'll let it be....thanks again....

Sandis

Post by Sandis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 pm

I talked to my brother about the God(we chated ower the net)...my brother beeing Catolic...I could feel my ego trying to push me to write some questions to get the point across, but I didnt listen to my ego and I concentrated on the conversation.
It vas intersting to talk about Bible and God...I havent even red the bible I had a grate respect for evry word my brother was telling me becouse I could see the brightnes of the trus shining in does words and sentences, but I felt a little sadnes in me...evrithing my brother sayed sounded almost like deffinitions that he has learned ower the las 10 years...I couldnt feel the livelines in him when he talked about God....I asked if he can feel God as we spoke...he sed that he feels his presenc next to him not in him...that sounded like a deffinition aswell...

I didnt create any conflict with my brother...it was a interesting talk...I didnt tell him what I have found or learned about the trus...I was waching evrithing unfolding in front of me...I let it be...

why I smile and am sad at the same time???

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:31 am

A good beginning Sandis, The ego/mind will continue to push to intensify your family discussions. Beware.

Work on your own clarity of presence and understanding of ego. The light of awakening will attract others when they are ready to see.

Sandis

Post by Sandis » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:09 am

Somthing happened...My babysister visited me and we ended up siting and talking...I was observing the talk, we started to talk about my brother and my ather sister who are in religion...My sister asked me why people go tu church belive in God and then are still unhappy and angry saying things like "I'm a good krition, but thing are still not how they should be"...then word started to come out of me...and we talked all night about ET teachings...Its so easy to talk about the trus...It just comes out...and then it stops...and then again somthing comes....

She was the last person in the world I would have talked to her about this, but I gues it just doesnt mater...you realy dont know what shape this moment will take...she was wery interested about the pain body becouse she has a kid and my ather sister has one...

Her words:"I knew there was meaning in the Bible thet people just dont see"(Like ET talked about the signs to Rome)...

I could feel that she was at pace...

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi Sandis,

Unless you are living the truth that ET teaches, you do not actually know yourself that this is the right path for you. You may "think" that this is the right path, but that is the mind. The mind will attach itself to the next best thing that comes along. I myself, really believe in the teachings of ET but I do not KNOW them yet. I am not yet awakened fully.

So therefore, if you don't actually know that this is the right path, how do you have the right to make other people believe it? Is it possible that you may be seeking some external approval for your own beliefs by having those around you believe it too?

I gave my mother a copy of TPON for mothers day and said something like "I really love this book, I thought you might like it to." That was almost 6 months ago and she hasn't read it yet, but I don't care. I don't hassle her about it, I just occasionally ask "have you read any of that book"? I can even see a little of my ego invested in it as I was initially thinking that if she read it, it is something we could discuss and connect on.

I think there is nothing wrong with doing a little bit of selling to other people, but from there you need to let it go. I mean, the only reason I bought the book was because it was sold to me (friends recommendation). The style that ET writes, he is "selling" the concepts to us and has done a very good job. Who's to say another author doesn't come along and teach ideas that are even more convincing? Will your ego then drop ET and attach it self to the new?

Sandis

Post by Sandis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:55 pm

Tank you for your post Evolver. It is true that our mind will do anything to get some role to play...also...I dont know what my path is!!!???....My Ego had a path for me and it was a recepie for a desaster...Evrithing that trully matered for my Ego is not thet important...so I realised one thing that I can do is to be fully awake while I do what I do...shine...put joy in evrything I do...

And when you do the right thing then you will find nobody questioning what you do...I mean Ego or ather Egos...

Trully there isnt anything else...only one trus...and that trues isnt ET, he only points to it...and he has good pointer....lol...Religion is a one that points to that too, but thats all distorted and misleading...
It is simple...for Ego it's unexeptoble...so he can make it wery hard...

When people see the light that shins from enlightened person then that light will help them drop there egos...and some may ask questions some may not...

My mother has a big Ego...all I do is listen to her and not expect enything to happen...and nothing has happend yet...I will just shine and be me...

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Sandis wrote:I will just shine and be me...
And that's enough. Just be what you are - there is no "path" to what you already are. See this and all paths cease their allure.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Kiki wrote:
Sandis wrote:
I will just shine and be me...

And that's enough. Just be what you are - there is no "path" to what you already are. See this and all paths cease their allure.
So true. What appears to be a path, is but a recognition of that which is ever present. Living in this now moment enables a shift in perception. Observation without judgment, and experience without attachment, allows the relaxation of the mental grip of a lifetime of beliefs about being a separate identity.

Sandis

Post by Sandis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:13 pm

I work in security and evry day I have to sit in one building for 2 hours...people are finishing there work around that time and 100 people walk by the reception and I say good by to evryone and I realy mean what I say...I whatch different Egos starting to change when they talk to me...
When I say I shine I realy dont have to put effotr in that becose we all shine when Ego is droped and thoes who still have there ego or are there egos see somthing shining and they feel it, but might not know what that is.

More and more people notice somthing when I interact with them. Its like ET sayed about the curtain and the light shining through. There egos are blocking there light...not all of it some get through but when I am fully me...they seam to be shining too...

blueviceroy

relgions and us people

Post by blueviceroy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:44 pm

Religions are just a reflection of the human condition We to are some truth wrapped in illusions and misconceptions. All our beliefs that are external are confused with a LITTLE truth mixed in and man that really makes it hard on us in life
My bio on another site say I'm sifting truth from all the hate and weirdness out there . I think all of us are and when we find some truth we grab on to it even though its covered in garbage.
Taking that or attempting to take that is not something wise. Being full of awareness is very intoxicating and you so want to share it but I have found not many people I meet are ready.
My wife gets frightened when I speak about anything spiritual and my son is eleven he gets the basic idea and its just stuff we talk about no biggie so with him its easy because he never forgot who he was in the first place. Reminding people with amnesia is a fruitless task because they CANT remember and dont want to they like there now belief.
I can feel people that are aware and tell the difference in them from unaware people now that I'm seeing I think it rubs off on others around me and that is the only way I can really comunicate it.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:57 pm

I can feel people that are aware and tell the difference in them from unaware people now that I'm seeing I think it rubs off on others around me and that is the only way I can really comunicate it.
That's probably the best way to communicate it, to live it yourself. Being present to your true nature has a way of drawing others into that same true nature that dwells within them.