What is emotion?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

What is emotion?

Postby blueviceroy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Is emotion a construct of the mind or is it beyond mind?
"I" feel an emotion of joy and love when I recognize myself within myself but I dont feel quite the same when I see other objects physicality
I feel a powerful love like I do for me within me when I am near my wife or my son and some other (most) people I spend time with
That seems very real and seems constant although this is only a few mental days ( about 4 ) of my new/old awareness it seems to vary in intensity, Does that ever become the current and constant state of emotion if we achieve a truly deep residence in ourselves?
The other emotions that are not love are not real because they are so destructive , I'm certain that anything that is not love is as valuble as any other thing in my thoughts that is self concieved
Are all our emotions other than love just a perversion of love? It seems our mind has a way to twist everything with its reason to fit what some strange driveof the mind body has built as a means to live on auto pilot while it pursues its own agenda.
Does our supreme nature truly seek to learn from these experiences or is it just having an experience?
I assume as I grow to live in my self more fully I will understand more but I feel such a hunger for knowledge of myself I feel that patients has always been my weak suit but gaining knowledge and pursuing the divine is all I desire
blueviceroy

Return to Questions