Fear of losing presence in social life

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
D'ray

Fear of losing presence in social life

Post by D'ray » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm

immersion made almost same topic http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... lit=social

When I'm home it easy to see through my egoic patterns. Life is good and I feel energised.

How do you keep your presence in the world when socializing with people? This is somehow hard to me, because I'm living in my feelings and have some anxiety to be "normal" self. It doesn't really bother me, but I don't like it when I notice how unconsciously I have acted.

Sometimes I get too attached to being the watcher that I'm out of this world, being unreactive. That's not good either :lol:
There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.

blueviceroy

Re: Fear of losing presence in social life

Post by blueviceroy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Our experince is not a possession . It is an impossiblity to "lose" an experience. The only impediment is distraction by the inner proccesses, becoming involved is easy as it is a conditioned reaction to outward things.

With practice and repitition we can retrain our mind to operate in alignment with out true nature rather than in a knee jerk responce.

Fear of a proccess is counter productive , examine your fear , what exactly is your fear?

Do you really fear losing this awareness that you are , or do you fear losing a sensation you enjoy?

Fear is not real , it is the absense of understanding , the tool of the conditioned existence to maintain a behavior pattern.
http://members.shaw.ca/yofrizb :)

D'ray

Re: Fear of losing presence in social life

Post by D'ray » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 pm

blueviceroy wrote: Do you really fear losing this awareness that you are , or do you fear losing a sensation you enjoy?
Yes you are correct. My mind sees Enlightment as a state of constant happiness, bliss. When I got "it", ego came again saying that "now you will always feel good" and then it went wrong.

There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.