Prove it that you are not your mind?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:40 am

Hi group, I would like to start a thread to show examples that you are not your mind,

I know I'm the mind but I could think that I'm awareness and go above the mind inside my mind which it's the mind doing it all.

When ET said I can't live with myself.

The I is the mind and myself is the mind , the I is the mind that cannot take much more of the pain and the me is mind that is experiencing the pain.
it all comes down to mind manipulation, I would like to prove it otherwise , so let's hear some examples.
When you awake it will be your biggest regret.

tikey

Re: Prove it that you are not your mind?

Post by tikey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:43 am

heh, I'm sure that if I'd tell a joke right now I would not be my mind, but right now I am, so I'll don't tell any. But that's something I figured out.
Mind is serious. It doesn't know what the joke is. So I suppose that anyone who says something funny and consciouss is not his/or her mind anymore...
that's my comment... bye!
Im just a cloudless sky :)

as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:53 am

tikey wrote:But that's something I figured out.
It's great the mind can't explain "something" or the mind would call the pointer or tells a joke but ultimatelly is the mind doing it , don't deny it, thanks for the comment but that's the mind, our mind capability to be aware that there's a unknown is not aware of ...it's a salvation for most people almost like a anestisia.

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:59 pm

If you are your mind, you would be just a bunch of thoughts and no recognition of your mind couldn't be made without the awareness behind it.
There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.

as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:42 am

Hi D'ray,

Who's to say that it isn't your mind recognizing it self and what is doing, we can throw another word and call it " awareness"

Do you really believe that you would be just a bunch of thoughts if you were just your mind, you acquired these thoughts through your mind, you acquired this ET knowledge through your mind, you can follow budha and stop suffering through your mind by realizing thoughts alone are not you through your mind.

Even spiritual teachers acquired some more information therefore more awareness of what was going on in their minds and yet they will say things like you must subtract all that you know with your mind then you will see the truth , what they don't mention are their constant attainment of more knowledge and awareness , the reached a point where they can make a living out of it and there's nothing wrong with that.

But the more we misenterp the information this awareness within the mind the more separate we will be from our truth, and who's cashing in?

as.it.is

Post by as.it.is » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:40 am

I can see the mind being contained within awareness and the awareness contained on itself...
I got the answer on the different topic I posted, it was my ego doing the typing not I. :mrgreen:

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Mind can be a tool to understand. It's not always "bad" thing. The simple thing of understanding and disconnecting from your pain body and ego will dissolve you to presence.

Many spiritual gurus say in their programs that try not to understand his/her teachings conseptually, but feel them vibing with your core awaraness or whatever, if you can.

More information about "getting there", after you realize the truth, feels very unnecessary, but at the times when your mind is struggling it's the only way in my opinion how you can dissolve the mental noise/pain body without going through massive drama in your life like ET did.
I can see the mind being contained within awareness and the awareness contained on itself..
Nice.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:23 pm

You perceive things all the time, would you agree? Then you would also agree that you are not what you perceive, you are the perceiver. What do you perceive? Your immediate surroundings? Your body? Your breath? Your thoughts and emotions (also called the mind)?
You can say, this I am. But the fact is that you can not describe what you truly are. Because you are nothing. You are no thing. You can only describe yourself in negation. That is, you can only describe what you are not. This I am not, and that I am not either. I am everything but all this.

Kutso
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:53 pm

If you are your mind then you could say "MIND STOP" and all the mental noise would go away. Now try... to shut down your mind ...

Narz

Post by Narz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:09 am

I can't.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

weichen

Post by weichen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:25 pm

I can prove it that I am my mind.

My wife told me that I am a totally new person compared with a few years ago, i.e. the old me died. But the external appearance does not change, only the mind has changed.

So, I have proved that I am my mind, and I keep dying.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

as.it.is wrote:Hi group, I would like to start a thread to show examples that you are not your mind,

I know I'm the mind but I could think that I'm awareness and go above the mind inside my mind which it's the mind doing it all.

When ET said I can't live with myself.

The I is the mind and myself is the mind , the I is the mind that cannot take much more of the pain and the me is mind that is experiencing the pain.
it all comes down to mind manipulation, I would like to prove it otherwise , so let's hear some examples.
Bottom line is, why should I prove it to YOU that I am not my mind. There's no reason for me to prove it. I know I am not my mind. That is enough for me.
Now ask yourself, do I want to prove to myself that I am not my mind? Do I really want to know? If the answer is YES, then I suggest you keep observing your thoughts and emotions. After a while you will know. And then you will also know that you do not need to prove it to anyone.

Kutso

Narz

Post by Narz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am

Kutso wrote:I know I am not my mind.
You won't "know" until you're dead. If you're still you then you know you were right. If you're worry then there won't be any you to get upset about it. :)

Either way there's no way of knowing so might as well believe whatever gives you the most peace of mind (or peace "beyond the mind", whatever phraseology tickles you ;)) .

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:01 am

Narz wrote:
Kutso wrote:I know I am not my mind.
You won't "know" until you're dead. If you're still you then you know you were right. If you're worry then there won't be any you to get upset about it. :)

Either way there's no way of knowing so might as well believe whatever gives you the most peace of mind (or peace "beyond the mind", whatever phraseology tickles you ;)) .
In a way, when I said I am not MY mind I was wrong. It's not MY mind. It's just A mind. I, can't have something. I just is. And I KNOW I am not the mind. Whatever I experience I KNOW I am not. And when this body and mind dies, I will still be there. There will be no experiences. But I will still be there.
All this I know. It's not a knowing of the mind. It's a deeper kind of knowing. It can't be explained. And I cannot prove it to you, and I have no need to. You can only prove it to you, but do you have the need?

Kutso

Narz

Post by Narz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:26 pm

Kutso wrote:but do you have the need?
Not really I suppose. Either "I" is eternal or it isn't. Either way there's nothing I can do about it. And if I isn't eternal then, well, I won't be around to be bothered by that. :)