Concentration

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
seekerjon

Concentration

Post by seekerjon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Ok I have a question its driving me nuts, I felt like I was doing the right thing by going fully into my emotions I pay close attention to them I concentrate fully on them, I feel like pockets of energy on my face and stuff. I concentrate so much on them that my mind cannot make a story out of them, I make it my main focus but now I read somewheres on here that you are supposed to treat them like a car alarm in the distance or a dog barking, if I try to just put light attention on these feelings then I feel like I am resisting. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

weichen

Re: Concentration

Post by weichen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Painbody has two different mode: dormant, or active. In your case, the painbody just woke up, and you seem to be doing the right thing: watch it intensely.

Intense watching has two effects
1. the obvious effect is that the pain can not pretend to be you, it spins like a spinning wheel without additional force, so it will eventually slow down and stop, and the painbody will then go to dormant stage.
2. the hidden effect is that the pressure of the pain push you to enter a higher identity (the indestructable watcher), this actually leads to joy. Without the pain (if you are rich and famous), you would not have such opportunity to be pushed to higher identity.

Once you realize the 2nd hidden effect, your attitude toward painbody attack would change, you may welcome it. Now the painbody fears you, because your higher identity (indestructable watcher) feeds on the painbody, it will retreat much quickly so not to let your high identity to feed on it too long :D

When the watching is not as intense, the painbody either starts to pretend to be you and pain grows up (you feel like YOU are resisting something, you are the pain), or the painbody could wake up again from dormant stage (maybe there are some painbody activators nearby). It is possible that the painbody wakes up dozens of times within a short span of time. But you welcome it, you take the ride (use the force of the painbody to push you to higher identity, the indestructable watcher).

seekerjon

Re: Concentration

Post by seekerjon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:53 am

Thanks for your reply, you are right I notice the more I watch the painbody and mine tens to be very strong the more I notice I feel a certain level of peace in the storm that is going on in my head. Some stuff I have come to accept and when the pain comes I welcome it because it helps me stay present. At the end of the day I usually feel exhausted because the majority of the day I am watching all these feelings in my body and when I get home I just need to sleep.