pain body question

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
fifi

pain body question

Post by fifi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:53 pm

hi. I don't really know where to post this,

I'm kind of wondering what you think of a 'permanent pain body'. Can someone be in possession of a permanent pain body? or is there at least some freedom from it, even if it's just a short time?

kiki

Re: pain body question

Post by kiki » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:38 pm

fifi wrote:Can someone be in possession of a permanent pain body?
No.

What may appear to be a "permanent pain body" is simply one that is well entrenched, which basically means one that is identified with above everything else. This, of course, is just another illusion supported by a well-developed story that is played out in the mind and believed in by the ego. "Who would I be without my pain?" is something ego isn't ready to discover - a very effective egoic strategy for maintaining the illusion of control. But beneath every pain body is one's true essence, and every glimpse of that essence will corrode the pain body's infrastructure.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:45 pm

I personally don't like the pain body analogy that much. I don't see it as a body. It's just thoughts and emotions, that happens to be negative. One might be particulary attached to these thoughts/emotions. But basically it's just thoughts and emotions. Physical things, just like everything else. Keep watching them consiously, and you will be less attached to them.

Kutso
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

fifi

Post by fifi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks KIKI, and Kutso,yes both answers rings well. So I see a well entrenched pain body to be the same as what was/is commonly known 'demonic possession'? ET mentions painbody as a psychic parasite, an entity in its own right.
or can you be in the possession of another entity, that is not you, nor 'your

painbody, but rather an independant autonomous entity, like something from 'somewhere else' ?

Agnieszka

Post by Agnieszka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 am

I would advise to treat it as your own painbody, not something "from beyond".
If such well entrenched painbodies were to be considered demons, we would go mad - I myself would be nothing but a bunch of demons!.
They probably are energetic structures that somehow glued to our egos, sometimes we don't know why are they here, but they still ARE here, in us. We must have allowed them to be part of our identity. That's why we have to deal with them ourselves, take responsibility for them, and not seek help with an exorcist :shock: .
I'm partly answering my own questions here :D - I've recently had similar thoughts.
Agn

fifi

Post by fifi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 am

Hi Agn. :) It may be I am possessed by other entities at times than my own :P but the question is aimed with dementia sufferers in mind that I work with . Rarely, on occasions, which has been twice now, when I meet with severe suffering dementia beings I often consider the ego/painbody to have been taken over by something else, if you know what i mean. This type of 'madness' when extreme, and in certain circumstances like when I talk to them normally without playing the 'nurse/care worker role' I am currently supporting a lady who has had no relief from a painbody/ episode but it is different that i have seen normally, with no freedom from it. It is a tormentor, and she or should i say 'it' has said and done something to me in private that freaked me out. She or 'it, knows I know 'Its' not her. Which is good, or is it?

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:30 pm

fifi wrote:Thanks KIKI, and Kutso,yes both answers rings well. So I see a well entrenched pain body to be the same as what was/is commonly known 'demonic possession'? ET mentions painbody as a psychic parasite, an entity in its own right.
or can you be in the possession of another entity, that is not you, nor 'your

painbody, but rather an independant autonomous entity, like something from 'somewhere else' ?
I spoke to my mother's 'Demon'. Face to face. Nose to nose. At a distance of no more than 2 feet.

It was very much like the movie "Exorcist". (Except the head didn't turn 360 degrees and there was no 'split pea soup'.)

Her face changed. Nothing phyiscally moved, but, you could clearly see that there was another 'entity' that emerged and was lurking behind her eyes...and speaking to me...directly.

Her voice dropped about an octave and all pretense was dropped.

I was in the presence of Evil. Not a neutral presence and most certainly not a good prescence. It was Evil. Unmistakably Evil.

I became aware that whatever force and/or presence was manifesting itself, was more than a match for me. 'Something' told me to get away from her and stay away from her. That was about 25 years ago and I haven't been around or spoken to 'those people' every since.

Painbodies and Demonic Possession...where to draw the line? I don't know.

I do know that what Jesus called Demons and the phenomenon of Demonic Possession is very real.

My mother was a duplicitous, sociopathic destroyer. When I confronted her and the Demon emerged, it said, "You must admit I'm good at it. You've got to admit...I'm very good at it."

And this said with a gleeful 'F*** You!' energy. (Like, "Yeah, that's right. Everything you saw all those years and couldn't get others out of their denial about is true. So, F*** You!".)

People like this are not uncommon and do tremendous damage in the world.

Pyschic parasites? Yeah...at the very least.
Last edited by Oswald2001 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agnieszka

Post by Agnieszka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 pm

Painbodies=psychic parasites=demonic creatures then. In practical terms the difference is in their intensity and stubborness. With some we may be able to deal alone. Others, especially if the person is not accustomed to seeking self-consciousness and to doing self-work and additionally suffers from old-age dementia - doctors and medicines are necessary. I don't know about any long-lasting positive results when exorcists come to play. In fact, such people frighten me.
agn

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:33 pm

As far as I can tell, the most powerful aspect of Being In The Now, is that The Now is an environment wherein subconcious conditioning (including unresolved traumas) and these entities are not able to exist.

They are 'creatures of the dark'. Like the (apparently not so) mythical, vampires...they cannot stand the 'light of day'.

During the very very brief seeming split seconds when I am In The Now, the influence of and/or damage done by the 'creatures of the dark' disappears.

It seems to be that The Now is an Exorcist of sorts.

fifi

Post by fifi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Well Oswald, hey that fits. I actually did the same as you. got up close to her face and asked for the original spirit(nicely but firm). the result was pure consciousness in the form of staring me right in the eyes and snarling. then nothing/ back to glazed eyes and floppy permanent limbs.which is what she's been like all the time. then I asked again, a couple of hours later, in the presence of a co worker ... the 'lady' then just carried on in her own little world but uttered under her breath very very sweetly 'she knows'. my co workerheard this and got goose bumps. could this be the pain body now being aware of itself? i'm not sure what some other independent entity from somewhere else would get out of just swimming about in another lifeless body. the lady can do nothing, nor eat. Its like its sucked the living daylights out of her but has some kind of awareness of itself.
according to the nurses at the hospital from where she came, she was bright and mobile and ate well herself. its a mystery for sure.
Last edited by fifi on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fifi

Post by fifi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:37 pm

I like your view the now is the excorsist :)

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

In my view, there can be more than one.

They are often passed from person to person. Especially in families. This is the true genesis of probably most emotional, mental and/or spiritual aberrations that 'run' in families.

This is what happens in rape and/or child molestation. The entity 'infection' is spread to the next person.

The Bible speaks of 'the worm that dieth not'. This is 'the worm'. It 'dieth not' because it can be spread by 'infection' (chiefly through trauma that 'cracks open' the 'armour' of the psyche) for potentially endless generations.

I would tie this phenomenon to the Destiny and Calling thread in that this is the chief reason why most people don't operate powerfully from within their calling.

The Bible speaks about 'Satan roaming the earth like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour'. This is how it's done.

The devouring of lives that are never fulfilled because the entity(s) prevent it.

fifi

Post by fifi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Yeh, I've heard about this....Deep Dissasociation from spirit/shen/consciousness. splits the mind into fragments or 'alters' as some mind experts have named.

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Dissociation definitely happens.

I believe that Dissociation is separate and distinct from the phenomenon of Possession by foreign Entities. I think Dissociation is often a precursor stage to Possession.

Both can occur at the same time.

Possession often occurs when the healthy mind/psyche/subconcious has been compromised. (i.e. from Cruelty, Stress/Pressure, Sexual, Violence, Drugs, etc.)

fifi

Post by fifi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:44 pm

*shudders* Yes....and I feel the need to be in complete control of my own mind after the stories I've read.