pain body question

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
weopposedeception

Re: pain body question

Post by weopposedeception » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 am

That's some scary stuff there, indeed. Now you got me wondering about my entire family of origin. Maybe we are all victims of some type of possession, it only matters by degree?

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:19 am

weopposedeception wrote:That's some scary stuff there, indeed. Now you got me wondering about my entire family of origin. Maybe we are all victims of some type of possession, it only matters by degree?

Bingo! :wink:

Although you can rarely speak of it since it freaks people out.

There are pathogens that attack the physical body. (i.e. fungi, bacteria, viruses, parasitic organisms, etc.)

So...why not the realm of the spirit?

Most (if not all) societies have a concept of 'Demons' and/or malevolent spirits. It is as old as Man.

Called by many names, Demons, Spirits, Jenies, etc. Even the Scientologists have their Thetans.

Most people have had their real identities displaced by implanted invasive identities which, of course, leaves us out of alignment with our true selves, The Universe and therefore the 'true' path of our lives.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm beginning to feel like I'm reading a thread on "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".
Oswald2001 wrote:Most people have had their real identities displaced by implanted invasive identities which, of course, leaves us out of alignment with our true selves, The Universe and therefore the 'true' path of our lives.
I think it wise to remember that there is only One Life Being. So whatever disembodied life forms there may exist still are in essence expressions of the One.

What are "peoples real identity"? Is that the real ego identity, or One's essential presence/awareness" What used to be thought of as possensions by spirits and demons in those who have experienced extreme trauma in their lives, has been found to be multiple personalities created and compartmentalized in a mind capable of expressing as more than one apparently separate ego.

There may well be beings who have died under extreme trauma or with strong addictions that focus for a time after death on the attachments formed while the body lived. But demons and the like smacks of some satanic world where the forces of evil gather to lay siege to the world of man. This is a slippery slope that opens up the inclination to blame outside entities for the problems of the world. And won't the ego love that?

If people are possessed it is far more likely that it is a possession of their own imaginings and belief systems than some demonic horde bent on our destruction. The mind is a wonderful thing, and provides us with endless entertainment. Just don't get trapped in it's story lines. Live clearly in this moment, and watch as the mental demons pass through.

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Webwanderer wrote:I'm beginning to feel like I'm reading a thread on "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".
Body Snatchers sums it up pretty well. That's exactly what is going on.

The recognition of this phenonenon is as old as Man.

This subject makes people uncomfortable and they generally run to the comfort of some belief system that conveniently excludes this kind of psychic version of an "Inconvenient Truth".

Are these things 'Evil' and do they come from 'another' realm with a malevolent purpose?

Yes. They are usurpers and destroyers.

Apparently, even Tolle referred to the Painbody as a "Psychic Parasite".

Of course, everyone has their own opinion. But, when you actually meet one of these things...and speak to it...face to face...your opinion can change pretty quickly.

Such an encounter is sobering. 8)

"Live clearly in this moment, and watch as the mental demons pass through."

That's true.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Oswald2001 wrote:Apparently, even Tolle referred to the Painbody as a "Psychic Parasite".
This hardly seems a reference to other-worldly demons preying on unsuspecting humans.
Of course, everyone has their own opinion. But, when you actually meet one of these things...and speak to it...face to face...your opinion can change pretty quickly.
Maybe so, but change to what? An opinion generated by a fearful ego? I don't discount entirely that disembodied life forms may exist, and even to an extent be bothersome to someone sensitive to their presence. But it's a long way to presume these entities are evil demons that represent some organized effort at stealing souls and destruction of life.

It seems to me more likely the type of thing represented in the movie "6th Sense" where the deceased get trapped in their attachment to some earthly condition or event. They may yet live awhile in an egoic focus toward some attractive aspect of physical life. It may indeed be the residual effects of a strongly held pain body that has only minimal sense of presence, but is still strongly attached to an emotionally charged past event.

And yes, I have personally seen and spoke to such an apparition (though he did not speak back).

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Oswald2001 wrote:Are these things 'Evil' and do they come from 'another' realm with a malevolent purpose?

Yes. They are usurpers and destroyers.
Seems almost like you've read to much David Icke and his Illuminati-stuff.

Kutso
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Sounds like a very serious world in which the forces of the light and the forces of the dark fight each other. "Evil entities" which try to harm us take posession of us and only the "right way" will bring us back into the light. :evil:

This all sounds to me like there actually was a "me" which can be corrupted. But there isn't something like this, it's all just an illusion. World may look very serious, full of demons, fights and things to be won or gained, when this mind-made perception of the world is believed as of absolute meaning.

This world mind-world and it's center, the anxious construct "me", can really be very cruel and full of fear. I know that from personal experience. But (!) it isn't real. That's the point. These demons may appear like evil monsters. Anyone knows them, some, of course, better than others. But they are only thoughts. Only pictures, only stories. And almost everyone around is also caught in his own story, in his own mind-made world... an actor of it's own illusionary protagonist in the head he believes in. Because people play their parts so well, our own protagonist, inside the mind-world, sees these other protagonists as "evil". Nothing of this is real.

Until you have awaken at least once from the mind-world in your head, life is really a serious, cruel thing. But this "awakening" is not difficult at all. Just step away from your stories, from the "yourself" which is just a story. See these demons. Laugh at them. They seem to be strong, dangerous and evil. But they are not real. Fighting against them implies believing in their realness. In fact, even though they are just illusions, they are very weak, very fearful beings. As soon as you don't fear them anymore (because you don't believe them anymore) you see that they are born out of fear and only want one thing: love. They are like ghost. Not real, but born out of fear. Also the aggressive ones. See their nature. Then give them compassion for what they do or say. What is born out of fear, can't be damaged or destroyed by the same energy that has born them. Only love is able to realease these ghosts.
It's the same with "your" ghosts and the ghosts of people around you. People are controlled by ghosts. But what is behind these stories, these ghosts, there is the same thing looking out of their eyes what is looking out of your eyes. This silent nothingness has no name. No thought can describe it. It is your true nature and also of all other people around you.

asta
...you might remember me from such educational films as "Zen for couch-potatoes - The wisdom of never doing anything" or "Buddha from da hood - Was he a brother?"

fifi

Post by fifi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm

You all make good points. But This lady, whether it be a painbody of her own making or some other worldly creature, is sure very clever,she is thriving on attention. Imbalanced attention. I decided to sit with her for the morning, as I had a feeling she was going to throw herself off the chair.She has never thrown herself off her chair before, but she must of heard me and understood me discussing to a co worker that I had a feeling she is going to throw herself on the floor off the chair. (This is a lady with severe dementia)I walked out of the room , which was no longer than a few seconds, and the moment I returned, she was all over the floor. since then she has to be supervised at all times, or, strapped in a wheelchair, and when left unnatended to, say, deal with an emergency, seems to wiggle her way out of the strap on the chair and onto the floor. She never even tries to put herself on the floor when someone is with her.

Funny thing is though. 'Demen-tia' ='demen'

=?demon

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 pm

They will definitely play with your mind.

One thing you may notice is just the slightest trace of a vanishing hint of a knowing 'smirk' from time to time as it plays it's games.

You may be tempted to think, "Did I just see what I think I saw?".

So, you begin closely watching for the 'smirk' and, for a long while,...nothing.

You conclude that you must have imagined it, stop watching closely and...then...it does it again.

Giving you just 'enough' to stay engaged in the game. But usually not enough to get caught by witnesses.

This can go on for years.

It's stock in trade is intrigue, doubt, bewilderment, irritation, destruction, confusion, torment, instability and insanity.

(The very antithesis of Being In The Now. :wink:)

Interesting how, even though she is supposedly not able to do anything, the 'it' inside her is controlling staff around her to some degree.

Someone has to be with her at all times. 'It' set that up.

Best to stay in The Now where these things (whatever you may consider them to be) cannot long survive.

"Pleased to meet you and I hope you guess my name.
But, what's confusin' you is just the nature of my game."

-- The Rolling Stones (Sympathy For The Devil)

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:30 am

Webwanderer wrote: Maybe so, but change to what? An opinion generated by a fearful ego? I don't discount entirely that disembodied life forms may exist, and even to an extent be bothersome to someone sensitive to their presence. But it's a long way to presume these entities are evil demons that represent some organized effort at stealing souls and destruction of life.
I'm not presuming.

I watched the Demon inside my mother kill my brother.

My brother was bright (if not brilliant), friendly and talented. His 'light' shown.

The energy coming from her/it was "I'm gonna f*** you up so bad you will NEVER have a life.". That was her/it's intention. And she tore him to shreds. Broke him completely and left him incapable of successfully living a life on this planet. Intentionally.

Threw him to the world and never cared a wit. (With the exception of smug satisfaction.)

I watched it happen. Unfortunately, I was unknowingly enlisted to be part of it.

And that's just exactly what she/it did. My brother died of AIDS as a heroin addict. As broken as she/it left him.

Destruction of life? Quite so.

She/it was enraged at his having a life full of promise and his 'light' shining. So she/it destroyed him. Took his life from him. Zestfully.

The very definition of the destruction of life.

The very definition of evil.

Once my brother was out of the picture, she/it turned her/it's attention to me.

Need I say more?
Last edited by Oswald2001 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:08 am

Oswald2001,

Well, your experience certainly explains your belief in demons, but an anecdotal story such as yours does not necessarily reflect the reality of demons. That may require a bit more than a belief based on physical, mind-based observations. Even if it proved to be true in the case of your mother, that some energy not directly her own, effected her behavior(and I'm not conceding it is true), that it is not indicative of what's happening with "most people".
Most people have had their real identities displaced by implanted invasive identities...
In any case you are welcome to your perceptions. Personally I think the human psyche is far more complex and capable of projecting bazaar expressions than most people realize.

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:13 am

What about Tolle's story in New Earth where the pain-body left one woman and then followed him down to the restaurant and started a riot when it infected another person?

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:57 pm

weopposedeception wrote:What about Tolle's story in New Earth where the pain-body left one woman and then followed him down to the restaurant and started a riot when it infected another person?

Maybe it was just Tolle's "belief". He's welcome to his "perceptions".

After all, "the human psyche is far more complex and capable of projecting bazaar expressions than most people realize." :D

Serioulsy, though, there are many cases of Demons being forced from one body and then immediately invading another. Certainly nothing to play with.

You know, Tolle's "belief" and "perception" of the body transfer of a pain body causing a riot would be enough to have him dismissed as a 'nut case' with a lot of people. Because dismissing Tolle would be easier than the alternative of opening the pain body possession 'can of worms'.

Another particularly strong and persistent bizarre expression of the human psyche is the phenomenon of DENIAL.

Webwanderer wrote: that it is not indicative of what's happening with "most people".
Most people have had their real identities displaced by implanted invasive identities...
Whether it's pain bodies, demons or what have you, most people have had thier real identities displaced. To some degree or another. From pain body, trauma, Demon, etc.

There would be no need to 'awaken' otherwise.

The reason I have mentioned some of my experiences is that it may be of some benefit to those that are troubled by DOUBT over what they have experienced, long suspected or are conflicted about.

(You know who you are. :wink: )

Sometimes...you do see exactly what you think you see. (Like it or not.)

I am not trying to convince anyone, sell anything or prove anything.

DENIAL is so strong in people that you just cannot get past it. Plus, this is an area that is dealt with in it's own time. You can't, and shouldn't, push it.

This stuff can be very frightening and very threatening. I understand.

The reason it is so frightening and threatening is not because it's not real. (If you get my drift. 8) )

"Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and
Show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on"

-- Billy Joel (The Stranger)
Last edited by Oswald2001 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:12 pm

weopposedeception wrote:What about Tolle's story in New Earth where the pain-body left one woman and then followed him down to the restaurant and started a riot when it infected another person?
Am I remembering this totally wrong or what? Because I don't recall the painbody leaving the woman and following Eckhart. The only thing I remember is Eckhart talking to the woman, and she realized that her problems wasn't that important.
And then he went to the resaurant and there was an older man who was a little grumpy because of the service. His painbody was active ofcourse. And then one of the waiters(or something) asked him if he caused all this(in a humorous manner). But I don't recall Eckhart ever mentioning that one painbody left a person, and then entered another person. Ofcourse I could be wrong. I'm only human. ;)

Kutso
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

fifi

Post by fifi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 pm

No. ET had considered the possiblity that the released energy field left behind after his session followed him to the resteraunt and found a compatible vibrational freequency.

Or, he suspected that the universal human pain body had come back to tell him...' I'm still here, look, you thought you defeated me'.
Then his friend who entered the room could not stay in the room and felt sick and left, though she had no knowledge of ET witnessing a major painbody attack.
Then the man in the resteraunt joking asked him if he caused all this.

Well, 'my' lady painbody/demen, today slipped from the wheelchair yet again today, but this time, was caught laughing. Not by me, but by another care worker. :o

Hey, just a thought...
http://watercourse.com/earticles/2psychicparasites.html

:shock: