Sex

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
frankybeauty

Sex

Post by frankybeauty » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 am

All of a sudden thoughts of an ex boyfriend and sex is flooding my mind. And I wonder if they are old feelings coming up because i surpressed them so I would get over the break up faster or are they true feelings that I am having right now. The thoughts all of a sudden came on like a week ago, when someone mentioned his name. I find it odd and very distracting. Anyone have thhis experience or something like it.

Oswald2001

Re: Sex

Post by Oswald2001 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:04 am

I can't say what is going on with you.

When that sort of thing happens with me, it is almost always me trying to hold on to The Familiar. :wink:

frankybeauty

Post by frankybeauty » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 am

Um, I don't believe so. I am more familiar with my current boyfriend than with my old one. It may be past stuff coming up to the surface or the pain body. Or an idle mind...

entelechy

Post by entelechy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I have had a similar experience in the past before. But I knew exactly why i was doing it: I was wishing that the guy I was with at the time was more like my ex bf. But that was me. I believe that the answers to your questions can only be found if you allow yourself fully to feel whatever comes up, without judging or suppressing or labeling them. Just accept them and watch them come and go.

When you have thoughts about your ex, observe what exactly you think about.

What emotions come up? Note the different emotions - is it anger? regret? or perhaps you remember a particular moment you shared together? Whatever it is, be with it and allow it.

Try it and see how you get on.
Join me in my journey towards inner and outer success at http://www.thewayofmoney.com

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Thoughts are like people when they are rejected they hate it and want to prove they are worthy of your time. I suspect there are all sort of underlying judgments about this fantasy like shame and feeling dirty, but understand these are only judgments, i dont know how to change them though, a good sleep helps lol.
Free of need to be Free.