Paradox

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Sighclone

Re: Paradox

Post by Sighclone » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am

Kensho is a Zen term used to describe a momentary experience of pure bliss in Being. It is like the perfect 'aha' moment, and it is experienced with the entire organism...your brain, your body, the whole self. I've had about three of these experiences. I 'understand' it only as 'the experience.'

My point is that Stillness just is and Awakening happens. If you expect that you can line up the full 356 features of awakening, then do or have each one in the right order, and some monk will come to your door and give you a gold star, your ego will be disappointed. Because marching through a set of instructions is not how we awaken.

Presenting your ego/mind with an event which makes it vanish, maybe forever, is going to cause resistance. But, you know what, YOU are infintely larger than any resistance it can muster. In fact that collection of memories, conditioning and habits you know as "me", needs a rest also.

How do you 'understand' the appeal of a meadowlark song? How do you 'understand' Debussy's 'Clair de Lune?' How do you 'understand' the innocence of an infant? There is a resonance to all of this authentic spiritual development which occurs apart from any understanding. But you will be aware of it when it appears...even if the last veil was very thin. Patience is a valuable virtue.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce