A new therapeutic approach for increasing presence

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Nebula

A new therapeutic approach for increasing presence

Post by Nebula » Fri May 09, 2008 1:19 am

I have just been told about this new approach called advanced integrative therapy (see italics)
It sounds really interesting, and I wondered if anyone had any experience of this in any way?
The website which gives the rationale and background to the approach, explains : ( http://www.seemorg.com/ )
Advanced Integrative Therapy is based on the psychodynamic underpinnings provided by analytic psychology, object relations, and self psychology; on traumatology, energy psychology and energy healing; and on teachings and practices drawn from Sufism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism and other spiritual and religious traditions.

I am not promoting this approach, I just think it sounds very useful, and I plan to attend the seminar in London.

Presence and Dissociation Seminar
(formerly Presence)

Description

The AIT Presence and Dissociation Seminar focuses theoretically and methodologically on repairing the ways that dissociation, repression, and disapproval diminish and even destroy our clients' ability to live in the present. It provides protocols that painlessly return them to presence. The seminar includes AIT treatment for allergies, boundary issues, family issues, and emotional and physical dissociation. From the time we are very small, our ability to be present in the here and now is continually diminished by trauma. Our parents' repression of our emotions may result in our inability to be emotionally present. Physical abuse may prevent our being present in our bodies. Those of us who grow up without adequate boundaries may find it difficult to be present without their protection. In most cases, our childhood experiences of family are at the root of our inability to be here now. The goal is to be present and to dwell fully in every moment physically, psychologically, and spiritually, to experience the heights and the depths of a richly and fully lived life without getting caught in our experiences of the past or our projections on the future.

Course Topics

* Reversing physical dissociation, repression, and disapproval
* Reversing emotional dissociation, repression, and disapproval
* Creating healthy ego boundaries
* Reversing the negative impact of the family of origin
* Increasing insight

Course Objectives

* Understand the nature and types of presence
* Learn the Physical Reconnection Protocol for the treatment of physical dissociation and repression
* Learn the Emotional Reconnection Protocol for the treatment of emotional dissociation and repression
* Learn the Family Clearing Protocol for the treatment of family of origin issues
* Learn the Boundary Protocol for the treatment of boundary issues

If anyone has come across this, i'd be very interested to know.
Thanks
"If it is the quality of your consciousness at this moment that determines the future, then what is it that determines the quality of your consciousness? Your degree of presence"

James

Re: A new therapeutic approach for increasing presence

Post by James » Fri May 09, 2008 3:45 am

Hi Nebula
Never heard of AIT, but I know a little about Transpersonal Psychology which it seems to be a variation of. I know of a couple Transpersonal Psych. practitioners, one of whom is a friend and student of Tolles, the other one knows Adyashanti personally. I have heard only positive things, although I really don't know all the details of what they do. There is an article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpersonal_psychology

Why don't you google AIT and see if you can find other people that have done it, or articles/blogs. Let us know what you find or if you like it.

James :>)
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Nebula

Post by Nebula » Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks, haven't found anything yet.
I attended a talk entitled "Mindfulness for distressing psychosis" by professor Paul Chadwick last tuesday, it was REALLY interesting! Mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is being recommended by the NICE guidelines, so hopefully this approach will become more well known and used.
"If it is the quality of your consciousness at this moment that determines the future, then what is it that determines the quality of your consciousness? Your degree of presence"

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat May 17, 2008 6:57 am

One of the "teachers" (not just 'master practitioners') lives about a mile from me. I will contact her and grill her mercilessly until all truth about AIT emerges.

Just kidding, but I will speak to her. There are materials available from the website as well: CD's, tapes and books.
(http://store.seemorgmatrix.org/) Former name of the therapeutic modality is Seemorg. Founder is Ash Clinton.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Nebula

Post by Nebula » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Sighclone, did you manage to get in touch with the AIT person?
I see one of the moderators has posted the Emotional Freedom Technique - I think it may be similar (not sure) to this technique - Advanced Integrative Therapy.