Anyone also read Dr. David Hawkins?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Tussiemussies

Anyone also read Dr. David Hawkins?

Post by Tussiemussies » Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Just wondering, have also read Dr. David Hawkins, his book Transcending The Levels of Consciousness, and he does have many others. His end result is the same state that E.T. teaches about, although his path of getting there is quite different.

Curious as to any observations on the two different paths?

: ) Chris

kiki

Re: Anyone also read Dr. David Hawkins?

Post by kiki » Thu May 22, 2008 12:30 am

I'm aware of him but haven't read him. I see his name pop up more and more frequently, however.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Narayan

Post by Narayan » Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 am

I still did not read any material from him, what would be a good starting point? Maybe Power vs. Force?

Edit: Just checked his "Level of Consciousness" table (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/0 ... ciousness/). It looks like fundamental work and worth considering.
Last edited by Narayan on Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Be the change you want to see in this world." - Gandhi | current site: Personal Development that Transforms

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 am

I've read Power Vs. Force and heard a few tapes. Very interesting guy. His history is also interesting. He's an AA guy along with Wayne Dyer. Some people I know are very gifted with the muscle testing. My holistic physical therapist uses it widely to diagnose what the body wants.

One funny thing was I was reading the book and hadn't smoked a cigarette for a couple of months, and then he stated that cigs didn't start causing cancer until the 60s (he must be a smoker) when they started using all sorts of chemicals, fertilizers, pest control, yada yada, and so I immediately rolled myself an American Spirit organic cig, and have been somewhat addicted for the past couple of years. :lol:
Easily corruptibly yours,
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 am

heidi -

Buy some pipe tobacco. Mix it about half/half with cig tobacco for a good burn. The pipe tobacco is infintely cleaner than the cig stuff. Plus there are lots of cool varieties. The smoke is very mild.

Now that we know it's safe, of course.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Narayan

Post by Narayan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm just reading Power vs. Force. The most astonishing thing is of course his method of muscle testing aka kinesiology. Basically he says that this is a tool to ask the universe for a yes/no answer. He also goes along to explain where this tool could be used. Whether or not it is generally accepted, if it is true, at least you could use it on a personal level, and then transport it to a larger level.
heidi wrote:Some people I know are very gifted with the muscle testing. My holistic physical therapist uses it widely to diagnose what the body wants.
Has anybody really gave it a serious try? If it really can reveal the truth, I would ask questions like: "Is this [insert current development, say in private life or in business] growing the number of reached people by [xyz]?" Then - as he also mentions - you could calibrate around the "xyz" to find the correct number. In a way it is a way to know the future for sure and then choose the best possibility.

Any more experiences or insights here?
Last edited by Narayan on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be the change you want to see in this world." - Gandhi | current site: Personal Development that Transforms

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:04 pm

I did it for a while but never really trusted that my own desires or preferences weren't impacting the outcomes. I intuitively felt that, for me doing it on myself, it wasn't reliable. On the other hand, I have complete confidence in it when a 3rd party does it on my behalf. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Yes I have read one book. I can't remember its name but is was something about spritual levels where one can be. He said that Jesus and Buddha were at the top 1000 level and that's the ultimate place ;)

There were a few great insights. I recommend reading Hawkings.
There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.

PlutoISaplanet

Post by PlutoISaplanet » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 am

Narayan wrote:
heidi wrote:Some people I know are very gifted with the muscle testing. My holistic physical therapist uses it widely to diagnose what the body wants.
Has anybody really gave it a serious try? If it really can reveal the truth, I would ask questions like: "Is this [insert current development, say in private life or in business] growing the number of reached people by [xyz]?" Then - as he also mentions - you could calibrate around the "xyz" to find the correct number. In a way it is a way to know the future for sure and then choose the best possibility.

Any more experiences or insights here?
I read "Power vs. Force" and am currently reading "Reality and Subjectivity". The challenge with the kinesiology is that the tester AND the one being tested must calibrate on the scale of consciousness above 200. From the book, Dr. Hawkins writes, "Inasmuch as only twenty-two percent of the world's population calibrates at 200 or over, the result is that the kinesiologic test method is suitable for approximately only 20 percent of the population".

Also from the book, "Approximately ten percent of the population is not able to use the kinesiologic testing technique for as yet unknown reasons other than that it is due to an 'imbalance of their chi energy'".

Narayan

Post by Narayan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:13 am

Interesting, are these more recent infos then?! And have you tested the methoed yourself?

PlutoISaplanet

Post by PlutoISaplanet » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am

Yes, "Reality and Subjectivity" was published after "Power vs. Force" so I think he had more information on kinesiology by then. He's published a few books, actually. And no, I haven't tried it. I know for sure that my LoC is not at 200 currently; also, I would have no idea how to find another person who tests at 200 or above.