Desires...Anyone?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
.Eternal

Desires...Anyone?

Post by .Eternal » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:32 am

Is it really wrong to have desire even if you are not identified from your mind. Is there really a way to get to one place to another. The joy within is good for the inner purpose. I wanted to know what about the outer purpose...is it really possible to manifest those desires into reality?

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 am

Yes it is! For me, it's not desire, it's more like vision and action. I work on this principle: The universe is all fullfilling. If you Need (not complete without it), and that is fulfilled, you will continue to need, the needing is manifested since that's what you chose. But if you See and act, it just manifests. :) So, if you're not whole without that which you're desiring, you'll never be whole because you're depending on something outside of yourself to complete you. Being free from that allows the universe to fulfill itself - which includes you and your vision.

Welcome here, .Eternal.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

.Eternal

Post by .Eternal » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:00 am

heidi wrote:Yes it is! For me, it's not desire, it's more like vision and action. I work on this principle: The universe is all fullfilling. If you Need (not complete without it), and that is fulfilled, you will continue to need, the needing is manifested since that's what you chose. But if you See and act, it just manifests. :) So, if you're not whole without that which you're desiring, you'll never be whole because you're depending on something outside of yourself to complete you. Being free from that allows the universe to fulfill itself - which includes you and your vision.

Welcome here, .Eternal.
Thank you, could you explain what it means to "see and act"?

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:10 am

It's very fitting that you ask this here, and the best way I can explain it is to quote Goethe:
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic and power in it. Begin it now.
Heidi

.Eternal

Post by .Eternal » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:15 am

Are you saying just be in the now?

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:58 am

Yes. That's creation. Just act in the now. :)
Heidi

Sandy

Re: Desires...Anyone?

Post by Sandy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:59 am

.Eternal wrote:Is it really wrong to have desire even if you are not identified from your mind. Is there really a way to get to one place to another. The joy within is good for the inner purpose. I wanted to know what about the outer purpose...is it really possible to manifest those desires into reality?
This is something to "think" about! Eckhart talks about our inner and outer purpose. He says in effect that there is nothing wrong with having a variety of outer purposes. We are just not supposed to confuse those outer goals with true inner fulfillment. Being in the NOW is not about being a motionless thoughtless dolt. It would seem that when we can stop replaying the past endlessly and stop dreaming about our better future endlessly, then our plans and actions in the present could become truly effective to the benefit of ourselves, others, and the world in general.

Sandy

Vision and Action -- See and Do

Post by Sandy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:07 am

heidi wrote:Yes it is! For me, it's not desire, it's more like vision and action. I work on this principle: The universe is all fullfilling. If you Need (not complete without it), and that is fulfilled, you will continue to need, the needing is manifested since that's what you chose. But if you See and act, it just manifests. :) So, if you're not whole without that which you're desiring, you'll never be whole because you're depending on something outside of yourself to complete you. Being free from that allows the universe to fulfill itself - which includes you and your vision.

Welcome here, .Eternal.
Since I have been in depression and dolt land for a while due to overwhelming personal and family issues, some kind of get moving and do something about all this realistically has seemed to be called for. Things have been reversing or improving in various ways as I am able to claim some ability again to face things and solve immediate problems that cannot be allowed to accummulate any longer. To see and then to do from presence rather than turmoil has been happening more. The way you put it is a good description.

.Eternal

Post by .Eternal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:17 am

Alright Heidi, I have a question for you then, has this worked for you in terms of being whole? If so, could you share your experience.

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:25 pm

...has this worked for you in terms of being whole? If so, could you share your experience.
I can honestly say that I am fulfilled. I truly know that everything that had seemed wrong when it was happening (and is, such as my daughter in Iraq) was all just part of the journey and all as it should be. I want for nothing. Sure I'd love my kids to be safe, world peace, and for me to get this book published, but my happiness and sense of self is not dependent on it for completeness. In fact, as with everything else in life, a "disappointment" is as valuable as a "victory." The more we accept the more whole we are. I know that no matter what happens everything will be all right. I could die this day with no regrets. Sure, I could do some self-improvement (like not smoke those 4 cigarettes, drink less, and focus my time (ha!) more wisely) but I'm not anguishing over it. Shit, I'm only human. :) If I am led to act (or change by not acting, accepting, surrendering) I just do it.

Becoming aware of self-talk, I think is a big key to manifesting anything. If you're already whole - which everybody is but the mind gets in the way - then everything just manifests as it should. But if the self-talk is I Need to do or have or to be this or that, even "I need to be more whole" well then, you've created a self-fulfilling prophecy and that needing will be fulfilled and you will continue to need.
Tricky, eh? 8)
HTH-H
Heidi

payal

Post by payal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:36 pm

Thank you heidi- your post really helped me.

xxxxxx

Payal