Is this normal ?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Soul Seeker

Is this normal ?

Post by Soul Seeker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:58 pm

This has happened to many on a number of ocassions when I have been able to stay in the Now for long periods of time. Today I was able to do just that and pretty much stick to it very well - each time I got lost in my mind I came back and because I didnt have much else to do I was able to really put this into place. By about 6 in the evening I felt a bit dizzy - a bit kinda out of it - but I felt as light as a feather - my feet felt like they had no weight on them at all at all. All these things happen when I have done this over many hours.
Is this normal to feel this way? Am I over doing it? If so will this dizzy sort of feeling pass? Why is it happening ?
I am going away on the weekend and won't be back for 4 weeks and I intend to be in the Now as much as possible while I am away

letitgo

Re: Is this normal ?

Post by letitgo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Hello Soulseeker,

I have personally felt dizzy and light, then as heavy as lead, then as big as the room! I always look at it as a gift. Something to let my conscious mind know that there are actually amazing things going on. That all of this is just a little bit beyond our mind's ability to analyze.

I also believe that awareness changes us on a molecular level, and just like a medication might make us a little woozy, so do the changes that are happening on this plain through allowing all possibilities to engulf us.

When I first started having these experiences, I spent way too much time focusing on the sensations rather than experiencing them as gifts and letting them pass. It's much more enjoyable and effective for me to allow the sensations to come and go... without attachment... and experience those moments with as little analysis as possible.

This reminds me of the story of a Buddhist monk who came to his Master and said, "I have obtained the ability to levitate during meditation!" And his master said, "That's nice, but don't let it effect your meditations."

Sincerely, Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:22 pm

A feeling of lightness is a common experience. As energy forms, our vibrational frequency can change. Eckhart does speak about this. But even Ramana managed to stay attached to the body, and the body to the planet.... :)

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:31 am

That is good that all of this is part of the experience of coming to awakening - I had a strong feeling that this might be so.
It interesting that even during meditation or doing yoga in the past I had never experience anything quite like this.
The lightness in my body - which is not a floating feeling - I am still feeling I am on this earth but there is almost no weight on my feet from my body. I expect that I will experience other things too.
Thank you