Manifesting

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
letitgo

Manifesting

Post by letitgo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 pm

I'm interested in your various thoughts on manifesting. I know there are many who feel, "What is to manifest? Everything is perfect. Accept what is." This too, I would like to understand a little better.

If however, I am interested in making things better or more joyous or more abundant in my life, manifesting while present seems to be a very powerful tool. It is very similar to healing. You have to let go of your attachments and have a knowing of the higher Source which can then create with you and through you. However, there is a gray area. You have free will and can also inadvertently bring things to your ego, which will decide very quickly if you're not careful, that it has this new powerful toy that it can create great and grandiose things with which to make it bigger and better.

It seems, that if I remain present while manifesting, that it is a harmless and playful way to bring things into form. It's difficult because you are creating something before you that will not show up in form until some undetermined point in time, and your mind wants to move to past or future in order to "Help" in the process. But if I keep coming back to presence, it's like continually becoming grounded, and I sometimes end up manifesting a completely different desire than my original intent. Which shows that manifesting, like presence, is just another tool of accepting what is because you see a very real confirmation that you created your reality.

Your thoughts please...

Thanks, Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

heidi

Re: Manifesting

Post by heidi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Norm - We've had a lot of discussion on this matter :wink: . I just searched the word manifestation and found:
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ion#p31210

and law of attraction:
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ifestation

There's a bunch more out there for your perusal.

And I'll just add this - It's all about allowing which is another word for acceptance. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

letitgo

Re: Manifesting

Post by letitgo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:39 pm

Thanks Heidi!

I did a search before my post and didn't quite dig deep enough because I had no idea there had been so much discussion on this subject. Your second thread above really looked at this from an interesting and detailed perspective.

However, my ego would like to ask a few questions and I just gave it permission...

#1- Is an intention to manifest prematurely rushing the conveyor belt of experiences already in motion towards my now, or is it simply making myself available to do more? (I believe ET waited for some time with a desire to do more.)
#2- Is the manifesting during presence process, which I described above, a safety net towards manifesting, since the process is operating independent of my interference?
#3- Is being present, and accepting what is, a form of manifesting due to the innate flexibility which exist in presence? In other words, when present, you get ideas, nudges, knowledge, etc., is this manifesting in it's purest form due to it's origin?

You don't have to answer my ego, you can answer me and I'll translate.

Thanks, Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.